The Graduate Entry Medical School with the support of colleagues in the Schools of Allied Health, Education and Department of Nursing & Midwifery have developed a Masters in Health Professions Education which is designed to meet the educator training needs of busy health professionals both locally and internationally. The programme will be offered in two formats to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals.
Key features of the programme include:
• Option of blended and online/distance learning
• Research led, practice based, interprofessional teaching
• Regular feedback and tutor interaction
Blended Learning - course code MSHPEDTPA (Face to Face and Online/ Distance) - targeting those students who favour the social and collaborative nature of face to face learning. Online/Distance Learning - course code MSHPEDTDA – targeting those individuals who, for whatever reason, cannot present physically on campus. It is also anticipated that this option will provide the platform for targeting international students and alumni.
• Innovative collaborative learning experiences with the aim of promoting a stimulating
• Learning environment as outlined in the University of Limerick "Engaged Learning" strategy