This course provides an opportunity for participants to aquire the knowledge and skills in key areas of educational leadership. The course aims to provide participants with the necessary skills for effective educational leadership and management and to increase their self-confidence and self-efficacy.
Participants will be presented with theoretical concepts and will engage in self-directed learning through project work. They will apply this learning to their own practice and in their own particular education environment.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Demonstrate a critical awareness of current and emerging management tools and systems involved in an educational setting
• Apply a range of standard and specialised research tools and techniques to complete projects based within an educational context
• Critically reflect on the impact of procedural and substantive law on the teacher and education in Ireland
• Develop the competence to deal with the financial responsibilities in managing an educational institution
• Research complex educational managerial issues, make sound creative judgements on these and communicate your findings
• Consider the role of ICT, Learning Management Systems and new technologies in the planned development of their educational institute
• Evaluate and appraise the role of strategy and strategic planning processes in an educational institution
The MAME is a flexible modular 90-credit programme. A range of elective modules are offered each year, from which you select modules to suit your own development needs or towards completion of the Masters programme.