As all adult education courses operate on a self-financing basis, students are required to pay their own tuition fees. Please note undergraduate applications cannot be processed until at least 50% of the course costs have been paid.
Instalment Plan Facility
If students have difficulty in paying the full fees on application, they may wish to avail of the instalment facility (available to undergraduate students only). When students register, they must agree and accept the terms and conditions. If students fail to meet these terms and conditions WIT reserves the right to withhold certain student facilities and privileges. Please see the Student Information section of the wit.ie/parttime website for more information.
Under the instalment plan: 50% of the annual fee is due on application - i.e. 50% has to be paid before an application will be processed the remaining 50% is due on or before 06th January 2020.
Refund of Part-time Fees:
• A 100% refund of fees paid will be made if requested in writing before the course begins.
• All courses run subject to sufficient numbers. Where a course does not run students will be entitled to a 100% refund of fees paid.
• Students who have paid fees for 12 weeks or less must request a refund in writing before the end of their first week attending the course in order to be eligible for a refund of fees paid minus an administration charge of 25%. No refunds will be paid thereafter.
• Students who have paid fees for more than 12 weeks must request a refund in writing before the end of their 8th week in order to be eligible for a refund of fees paid minus an administration charge of 25%. No refunds will be paid thereafter.
• Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Part-time Student Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds may only be made following submission of a completed Refund Form available from the Part-time Student Helpdesk at email@example.com
Deferral means that a student applies to defer or postpone his/her programme or an element of it. Ordinarily students are liable for fees. However, where there are mitigating circumstances fees may be carried over.
Mitigating circumstances include: Serious medical condition or injury; Bereavement of close family members such as parents or siblings or guardians; a traumatic experience which could include but is not limited to: a) personal involvement in or witnessing of a serious accident or crime b) a serious crime committed against the person.
In order to apply for such deferrals a student must complete the relevant application form(s) within the prescribed time period and supply the required evidence. Please see the Student Information section of the www.wit.ie/parttime website for further information.
Deregistration and Refund of Part-time Fees
Part-time courses go ahead subject to sufficient enrolments and viability. If a course is undersubscribed, we will let students know at the earliest opportunity, and make every effort to offer students an alternative course or we will refund students the full tuition fee via bank transfer or directly back to your credit card.
Where a student finds themselves in a position where they no longer wish to or are not in a position to continue on their course they need to de-register from the Institute. Deregistering means that a student officially notifies the Institute that s/he is leaving their programme.
Students remain liable for fees up to the date they officially withdraw from the Institute. In order to de-register from the Institute there is a deregistration form which a student must complete which is available from the Part-time Student Helpdesk.