We are Kerry, the Taste & Nutrition company. We understand that consumers want delicious products made from trusted, authentic foods and flavours . Every day millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing our taste and nutrition solutions. We add protein to your post workout shake, we reduce sugar, while maintaining great taste and we have the know–how to replace the "baddies" in foods with wholesome ingredients. Join us and be part of the future of food.
Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland
*Please be advised that the business will consider you for all locations on application for this graduate position and locations are subject to change at any stage of the recruitment lifecycle. Kerry's Graduate Programme operates on the basis that candidates are globally mobile*.
Kerry is the world’s leading taste and nutrition partner for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. We innovate with our customers to create great tasting products, with improved nutrition and functionality, while ensuring better impact for the planet. Our leading and proprietary consumer insights, global RD&A team of 1,000+ food scientists and local manufacturing footprint in 31 countries enable us to co-create with our customers across over 150 countries. At Kerry, we are driven to be our customers’ most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition, and will reach over 2 billion consumers with sustainable nutrition solutions by 2030.
Description & Responsibilities:
Within Kerry, the Procurement Team has the responsibility for managing and overseeing all third party spend for both direct and indirect materials and services. They are experts in their respective categories of packaging, meats, dairy, ingredients and indirect materials and services such as energy, engineering and facilities management. Just like Kerry, our suppliers are based in locations right around the world, and while a career in Kerry will afford you the opportunity to work abroad, a career in procurement will also involve travel to supply locations.
Your role as a Procurement Graduate will involve working with category buyers in all aspects of the sourcing process, working closely with Kerry’s manufacturing sites and supply partners.
- Category/Market Analysis: Provide category and market insight by analysing both category and market data which will lead to development of sourcing and supply plans.
- Cross Functional Relationships: Monitoring usage/demand by coordinating with site supply chains. Working with R&D to introduce new materials and to identify potential new sources.
- Strategic Sourcing: Closely working with category buyers to source the highest quality materials and services at the best price using a range of tools including tendering.
- Cost Saving Pipeline: Jointly working with category buyers to develop and execute a cost savings pipeline.
- Supplier Management: Working with the category buyers to negotiate contracts and manage supplier performance to ensure quality and service requirements are met.
- Sustainability : Support buyers on the achievement of our “Beyond the Horizon” sustainability goals and specifically our commitments on responsible sourcing, waste reduction, circular economy and recyclable packaging
- Minimum 2:1 degree preferably in a business related discipline
- Eligibility to work in the EU without visa restrictions
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Key competencies required; critical thinking, decision-making, influencing, project planning, negotiation and stakeholder management • Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement.
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Coupa experience is an advantage
- Internship experience is an advantage
- Fluency in a second language preferably Spanish, Chinese and Arabic
Joining us means being supported by, and learning from, talented people who really care about what they do. You’ll get bags of responsibility early on, and we’ll be open to your ideas. And because we’re always looking to the future, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Our current CEO joined us as a grad. How far will you go?
Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Preferred Degree Subjects
Business Management and Administrative Studies