At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit & assurance, tax and legal, consulting, risk advisory, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Our Audit and Assurance practice is a market leading player delivering a range of audit and advisory services to a broad range of national and international clients in every business sector. Our professionals’ primary focus is adding value to businesses while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence.
At Deloitte, we trust our people to make the right choices around how, where and when they work. Our empowered hybrid way of working allows you to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and work on individual projects in a way that works for you and our clients. Deloitte Works is built on trust and allows our people to have flexibility and control in how they work. If you apply for a role, please speak to your recruiter or hiring manager to discuss hybrid working and how it could work for you. Read more about Deloitte Works here .
Deloitte will ensure any reasonable accommodations are implemented as part of the recruitment and selection process.
Deloitte is an equal opportunities employer.
Grow Your Future
2023 Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics Graduate Programme
What is Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics?
Our Actuarial, Rewards and Analytics (ARA) practice in Ireland is making an impact as one of Ireland’s leading actuarial service providers. Our team of 40+ actuarial professionals provide expertise and advice to clients throughout the life cycles of their businesses. We work with a range of domestic and international clients, including life and non-life insurance companies and reinsurance companies, as well as banks and public bodies.
You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of interesting projects from start to finish. You will be hands-on in a full range of actuarial projects including model design & development; analytics analysis of stakeholder behaviour, product performance and process efficiency; statistical analysis of hypotheses, optimisation of models, systems and processes; operational excellence; risk management and traditional actuarial services (e.g. valuation, pricing, Head of Actuarial Function, audit).
As part of Deloitte, you will work closely with our colleagues in Risk Advisory , Audit & Assurance , Management Consulting , Tax , Financial Advisory and Corporate and Legal Services to deliver end-to-end solutions to our clients.
As part of one of the world’s largest actuarial practices, we have access to over 800 actuarial professionals worldwide which ensures that we can secure the specialist knowledge and expertise our clients require.
What kind of work would I be doing?
Analysts in Deloitte’s ARA team make an impact from day one. After the initial induction and technical training, you will dive straight into client projects.
As a member of Deloitte’s ARA team, you will gain significant experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, but you will also be involved in projects for other clients including those in banking, retail and manufacturing. You will apply actuarial skills and analytic techniques to a wide range of scenarios and industries. For example, you can expect to gain experience in the following areas:
- Delivering end-to-end innovative solutions to our clients
- Applying problem solving and numerical skills to solve a wide range of problems
- Designing and building complex models of long-term risks, asset and liability cashflows and credit defaults.
- Developing analytical tools using a variety of programming languages (VBA, R, Python, SAS, SQL etc.).
- Working with senior client personnel to develop their business ideas, respond to emerging issues and/or prepare for future challenges.
- Development and/or review of controls and procedures for mitigating risks faced by clients.
- Assessing the appropriateness of client processes and controls in light of the regulatory and accounting financial frameworks of Solvency II and IFRS 17.
- Audit of actuarial liabilities for (re)insurers and pension schemes under a number of reporting bases.
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
Analysts within the Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics business complete the examinations to become a Fellow of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) and a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland (SAI) . Deloitte is committed to supporting our analysts through this and provides generous paid study leave as well as all relevant study material and external tuition.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
Applications are encouraged from all numerical and programming disciplines, including mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, analytics, physics, chemistry, economics, artificial intelligence and machine learning amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- Achieved an A in Mathematics at Irish Leaving Certificate/Scottish Higher/A-level or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of programming, machine learning or artificial intelligence is an advantage but not essential
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to learn quickly
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
Office location and work model:
Office location: Dublin (Hybrid)
Grow your future
Everyone joining Deloitte brings their own unique ‘something‘. Be it ideas, interests and personality, or a unique worldview - every perspective adds to the culture and diverse environment at Deloitte.
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters for our people, our clients, and our communities. This sense of purpose inspires us to work to the highest standards and tackle the biggest challenges.We are also committed to driving societal change and promoting environmental sustainability and encourage our people to make the most of their passions and knowledge and get involved in any of our volunteering programmes, working towards our global WorldClass ambition which is centred around education, skills, and access to opportunity.
In Ireland, Deloitte is a team of over 3,000 talented and driven individuals. But our firm is growing, we’re ambitious and committed to being a leader in the delivery of five world-class business areas: Consulting , Audit & Assurance, Tax, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory.
The diversity of our services, our clients, and the industries we serve, in addition to our people, is why we believe Deloitte is the #1 place to launch and grow your career in Ireland. Joining Deloitte is also your opportunity to become part of the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, with nearly 400,000 people across 150 countries
For further information on Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics Opportunities at Deloitte please visit Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics Graduate Programme
You can only apply for one graduate programme, so please review all our available programmes before deciding on which one to apply to.