DPS provides full EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation) services for its clients. Joining DPS as a Graduate Construction Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to gain Chartered Engineer status and wishes to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy.
As Graduate Construction Engineer you will work closely with colleagues in the project controls group and other DPS departments to deliver projects for our clients, who are primarily in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Micro Electronic industry sectors. Through training and practical experience to become a valued member of the team and will have opportunities to progress within the organisation.
Working in Project Controls
You’ll work on setting up Overall Project Integrated Schedules and Reports to be used for Determining Project Timelines, Planning various Project Activities, Co-ordinating Project Activities, and Monitoring Progress during Execution. You will learn to prepare schedules for various phases of Projects from Conceptual Phase right through Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Final Commissioning. You’ll gain an understanding of the inter-dependencies within and between the Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning phases of Projects. You’ll build competence in various tools such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Excel, and utilise these applications to Integrate data and produce Reports to Management.
Day to day
Working as a Graduate Construction Engineer your day to day role could involve the activities/ projects in the following areas;
- Preparation of Individual Project Structures.
- Communicate with Project Team members to give/receive updates to schedules.
- Develop master schedules which integrate other dependencies (ie. contractor construction during construction phases of a project)
- Prepare schedules and updates which identify milestones and critical paths.
- Benchmark against other similar projects, to assist with planning, procurement, timelines
- Updating of Schedules and Reporting of Actual Progress vs Planned Progress.
- Create regular reporting on key metrics (earned value/look ahead)
- Ensure any changes made to projects are reflected in master controls and executed following correct process and all timelines reflected.
- Preparation of Reports in Graphical, Narrative and Numeric formats.
Who are we looking for …
- Degree Qualified
- Proficient in MS suite
- Team player, adaptable & practical.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail is critical for this role.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and on multiple projects concurrently
- Flexibility required in terms of travelling to client facilities in Ireland and abroad.
- Projects can entail extended periods working on client sites as well as in our design office.
DPS is a great company to work for and here are only some of the reasons why!
Join a Team
On joining DPS you will be part of a team from your first day, working closely with our existing graduate and senior engineers from your department, you will start on a journey that will see you contribute to multiple international projects as part of a global team.
Accelerate Your Career
Have the opportunity to work in a core design team, working on multiple projects for major clients - plus have an opportunity to spend at least 6 months on client sites - executing projects in real-time, as part of your graduate development. Investment in your continuous professional development is a commitment from DPS. You will participate in our structured and accredited graduate development programme, which is delivered in your first two years, where the focus is to equip you with the tools to realise your ambition and make a greater impact in your role.
Make a Difference
As you will participate in projects for the world's leading Pharma, Biotech, and Advanced Technology companies, you can take pride in the fact that the facilities we create enable our clients to manufacture products that change lives.
For further insight from our Graduates check out our YouTube Channel - DPS Group Global - YouTube