County Dublin + 2
DPS provides full EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management, and Validation) services for its clients. Joining DPS as a Graduate Electrical Engineer would suit a motivated, practical, and adaptable individual who has the ambition to gain Chartered Engineer status and wishes to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy.
Working in Electrical and Instrumentation
The DPS E&I department works as part of a multi-disciplinary practice that handles our client needs in the following areas: architectural, process, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, commissioning, validation, and construction management services.
Working under the direct supervision of a Chartered Engineer, the graduate will support the delivery of a range of projects across the industrial and pharmaceutical sectors. The design work will include electrical power, instrumentation, and building services across a range of pharmaceutical and industrial projects.
Day to day
Working as a Graduate Electrical Engineer your day to day role could involve the activities/projects in the following areas;
- Design & develop single line, schematic diagrams, and protection schemes for site electrical power distribution equipment and systems.
- Prepare specifications & scope of work for electrical equipment such as power generators, MCC, transformers, switchgear, instrumentation, data systems, and building services, etc.
- Creating semi-conductor tool install design packages utilising AutoCad.
- Maintaining utility services matrix and/or database (MS Excel or MS Access) to ensure all electrical systems remain within capacities.
- Carry out design calculations for cable-sizing, short circuit calculations, lighting calculations, power balance studying, and arc flash for all electrical systems.
- Work with the project team to find optimum system sizing, routing, materials, and space management for complex electrical systems.
- Prepare sketches and perform all necessary field work to assist with creating design packages.
- Review of electrical layout drawings and MTO.
- Selection, specification, and design of process instrumentation and safety instrumented systems.
Who are we looking for...
- Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Computer literate including AutoCad proficiency.
- Team player, adaptable & practical.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Flexibility required in terms of travelling to client facilities in Ireland and abroad. Projects can entail extended periods working on client sites as well as in our design office.
DPS is a great company to work for and here are only some of the reasons why!
Join a Team
On joining DPS you will be part of a team from your first day, working closely with our existing graduate and senior engineers from your Department, you will start on a journey that will see you contribute to multiple international projects as part of a global team.
One DPS Team working together - YouTube
Accelerate Your Career
Have the opportunity to work in a core design team, working on multiple projects for major clients - plus have an opportunity to spend at least 6 months on client sites - executing projects in real-time, as part of your graduate development. Investment in your continuous professional development is a commitment from DPS. You will participate in our structured and accredited graduate development programme, which is delivered in your first two years, where the focus is to equip you with the tools to realise your ambition and make a greater impact in your role.
Achieve your Ambitions - YouTube
Make a Difference
As you will participate in projects for the world's leading Pharma, Biotech, and Advanced Technology companies, you can take pride in the fact that the facilities we create enable our clients to manufacture products that change lives.
Reasons to Join DPS (Why Join DPS) - YouTube
For further insight from our Graduates check out our YouTube Channel - DPS Group Global - YouTube
County Dublin, Ireland, Europe