DPS provides full EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation) services for its clients. Joining DPS as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with colleagues in the project controls group and other departments to deliver projects for our clients, who are primarily in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and microelectronic industry sectors.
Working in Project Controls
The DPS Project Controls department operates as part of a multi-disciplinary team, serving both our clients and internal management in the following areas: cost management and cost reporting, contracts administration, retention of historic project data, and scheduling and construction progress reports
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you will support a range of projects (both in the engineering office and on project sites) during the following phases: conceptual study, detail engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification, close out & handover. You will learn through training and practical experience to become a valued member of the team and will have opportunities to progress within the organisation.
Day to day…
Working as a Graduate QS your day to day role could involve the activities/ projects in the following areas;
- Assist in the preparation of cost plans/budget estimates and cost reports from concept development right through detailed design to construction and commissioning.
- Assist in the preparation of tender enquiry packages for CSA, mechanical & electrical contracts.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of contractor tender bids
- Assist in the administration of reporting of contract packages in the field, including assessment of variations, progress measurement, assessment, and agreement of final accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of project schedules.
- Support in the gathering and retention of historic data and benchmarking metrics
Who are we looking for…
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
- Excellent computer skills
- Team player, adaptable & practical.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail is critical for this role.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and on multiple projects concurrently
- Flexibility required in terms of travelling to client facilities in Ireland and abroad. Projects can entail extended periods working on client sites as well as in our design office.
DPS is a great company to work for and here are only some of the reasons why!
Join a Team
On joining DPS you will be part of a team from your first day, working closely with our existing graduate and senior engineers from your Department, you will start on a journey that will see you contribute to multiple international projects as part of a global team.
Accelerate Your Career
Have the opportunity to work in a core design team, working on multiple projects for major clients - plus have an opportunity to spend at least 6 months on client sites - executing projects in real-time, as part of your graduate development. Investment in your continuous professional development is a commitment from DPS. You will participate in our structured and accredited graduate development programme, which is delivered in your first two years, where the focus is to equip you with the tools to realise your ambition and make a greater impact in your role.
Make a Difference
As you will participate in projects for the world's leading Pharma, Biotech, and Advanced Technology companies, you can take pride in the fact that the facilities we create enable our clients to manufacture products that change lives.
For further insight from our Graduates check out our YouTube Channel - DPS Group Global - YouTube