Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages $2.3 trillion in assets with $45.5 trillion under custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself.
Securities Services and Digital (SSD) includes our Asset Servicing, Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts businesses and Digital, an enterprise function.
Asset Servicing provides global custody, fund services, integrated middle-office solutions, transfer agency, and data and analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest asset managers and asset owners. The services we deliver range from the foundational — we run clients’ operations — to consultative, where we orchestrate solutions that enable clients to make smarter investment decisions and serve investors better. Services we offer include:
- Custody or the settling and safekeeping of a variety of investment assets, from traditional to digital
- Fund accounting and administrative services, such as net-asset-value oversight and contingency, and fund start-up solutions
- Data and analytics solutions that help clients make smarter investment decisions
Corporate Trust is one of the world’s largest trustees for corporate, municipal, and structured credit securities, providing local and cross-border market expertise in the debt capital markets. Debt issuance enables public and private institutions to fund operations and make investments, create infrastructure, or deliver public services. As trustee or paying agent, Corporate Trust services all major debt classes, helping issuers achieve their financing goals.
Depositary Receipts are securities issued for trading in any market that represent a foreign company’s shares. These can be used to list on stock exchanges around the world, raise capital, and/or meet the specific needs for issuers and investors. BNY Mellon is one of the top depositary banks that can keep assets or securities on behalf of a clients. The services we provide to our clients are inclusive of the following:
- Issuance and cancellation agent for receipt holders
- Registrar and transfer agent for registered depository receipt holders
- Corporate action agent for depository receipt holders.
Digital is responsible for mapping our digital future by investing in digital capabilities, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others. Our team maximizes the impact of investments in digital capabilities, through the development of new service offerings / products as well as enhance the client experience. The team aims to accelerate the bank’s innovation strategy.
To run and operate each business above, our organization is reliant on a wide range of teams inclusive of: Business Development, Relationship Management, Client Service Delivery, Corporate partners (HR, Operations, Finance, Technology), etc. It is an optimal time to be a part of the SSD team as we are market leaders with strong global partnerships across the industry. We lead with innovation and trust and are committed to collaborating with our clients to transform the financial services industry for the future.
A strong candidate possesses:
- Intellectually curious and interested in the future of financial services
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global working environment
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Current undergraduate student graduating in 2024
- Major in Finance, Economics, or a related field of study (preferred)
- Prior internship experience at a top-tier financial services company (preferred)
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Please note the deadline for applications will be midnight on the 20th of November .
- The Campus Recruitment team will be reaching out to the successful applicants after the deadline has passed.
- We look forward to receiving your application.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
About the Team
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.