At Mace, we’re global experts in shaping the built environment – helping to lead the way to a more connected, resilient and sustainable world. From development and consultancy, to construction and operations, we connect expertise across the entire property lifecycle to help our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible.
This role starts in early September 2024 , and is based in Dublin, Ireland in the Utilities sector within our Consult engine.
Since entering the Irish market in 2006, our service and sector offer has grown considerably to cover aviation, data centres, technology and commercial offices. Today, we’re an established top 10 construction contractor in the country and our consultancy team has been instrumental in delivering a series of major projects and programmes across the breadth of the infrastructure industry.
In our Consult engine, you’ll be part of a global think tank where innovation and sustainability take the lead. We collaborate closely with clients to understand their individual challenges, lending new ideas and fresh thinking to make strategic decisions and shape project directions. Although we often visit our projects, Consult is more about creative solutions than hardhats. If on-site action speaks to you more, our Construct engine might be your scene – check out the hands-on roles we have there, where you’ll be turning plans into reality on the ground.
What you’ll do
In Cost Consultancy (Quantity Surveying), you will play a key role in supporting with providing cost management services from inception to completion for ongoing and new commissions. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with feasibility studies, procurement strategies and contract selection, assisting in the production of procurement reports
- Learning how to apply the value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Knowledge of, and guidance in, estimating and cost planning activities
- Supporting the procurement process, helping to ensure all stages including prequalification, enquiry, analysis, selection, and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Assisting with the preparation of the contract documents, warranties, bonds and licenses
- Learning how to measure and provide valuations of the work carried out and adjusting variations in accordance with the terms of the contract and agreement with the contractor
- Assisting with cost control and reporting services during the contract
- Assisting with identifying costs associated with design changes, contract awards, construction activities and client charges
- Participating in the evaluation of claims for delay and additional costs made by the contractor and any nominated subcontractors/suppliers
- Supports with the issue of ‘Certificate of Making Good Defects’ and final completion in accordance with any requirements relating to completion, submissions and approvals
You will also work towards gaining professional membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) fully funded and supported by us.
What we can offer you
We see every challenge as an opportunity to dream bigger and bring ambitions to life. When you start your journey with us, you’ll get structured on-the-job training and real responsibility, right from the get-go. With support from industry-leading colleagues, and a wealth of exposure to the variety of services we offer our clients, we’ll invest in you and your future. No holding back.
As well as benefiting from our formal development programme, we offer:
- A permanent role from the moment you join
- Competitive salary + fully funded professional membership
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 additional ‘Mace Days’ off + 3 days paid Christmas shutdown
- One volunteering day a year
- Company pension (with up to 7% employer contribution)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance cover
- Annual health screening
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts and savings for retailers, gyms, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, etc.
- A number of other flexible benefits
- A future or recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent)
We’re looking for ambitious people who want to make a difference in the world. Proactive people who aren’t afraid of barriers, innovate, and have a genuine passion for service excellence. And those who embody the same values, behaviours and competencies as us to proudly move our industry forward:
- Values – safety first, client focus, create opportunity, and integrity
- Behaviours – curious, collaborators, contributors, and champions of diversity and inclusion
- Competencies – build effective teams, embrace change, solve problems, and build trusted relationships
As our projects are spread across different locations, your work base will be flexible, and travel may be required to various project sites or Mace offices. It’s therefore important to have a positive and flexible approach towards travel.
A world of opportunity
Here at Mace, you have the power to create a long-lasting and diverse career. From London to Hong Kong, New York to Nairobi, we work with clients around the world to shape cities and build sustainable communities that meet the needs of the future.
Upon completion of our graduate or apprenticeship programme, using our internal Global Opportunities Portal, you can uncover and apply for your next adventure. Whether you’re looking to travel the world, or step into a new sector, there’s plenty of opportunity for you to explore.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – accepting and appreciating all views and beliefs and providing an environment for ideas to come alive. We welcome everyone who shares the Mace values, regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Drawing on a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and expertise to challenge convention is our strength. It’s the reason why we continue to grow and it’s the secret to how we’ve built some of the world’s most renowned buildings.
Our employee resource groups, such as Women at Mace, Pride at Mace, Parents at Mace, Ethnic Diversity at Mace, Enabled at Mace, and Military at Mace are transforming the way we work through shared experiences - creating awareness, knowledge, and education.
We're proud to be an accredited Disability Confident employer, as well as a champion of the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme. We're also ranked 37th in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and the Business in the Community's Race At Work Charter.
If you'd like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require further guidance about our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to speak to a member of our team (please be assured we monitor this inbox Monday to Friday).
Help us shape the world of tomorrow
If you’d like to develop a rewarding career and be part of helping our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible, apply today via the link below. We recruit on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the stronger chance you’ll have.