Who you are?
You are one of the best and brightest graduates – ready for an opportunity to shape some of the country’s most exciting transactions and work with some of our largest customers. You believe in the strength of teamwork and can work with experienced colleagues to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems. You are ambitious and ready for this opportunity to join a growing business with offices across Ireland, London and New York.
Who we are?
AIB is a dynamic, diverse and fun place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers.
Our Graduate Training and Development programme has been designed to help you develop the behaviours that will accelerate your growth throughout the programme and beyond. We offer rotations into different areas and different roles, providing you with plenty of opportunities to expand your experience, your knowledge and build your network across the organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction course to ensure that you settle into your new role. During this course, you will learn about AIB, essential IT systems and risk management skills. Importantly, you will get to know other graduates through this course and kick-start your professional network.
- Structured Development Programme designed to ensure your professional growth. Our programme includes both classroom style and online learning covering topics from Financial Modelling to Real Estate Valuation as well as advanced presentation and negotiation skills.
- Professional Qualifications: We encourage our people to pursue professional qualifications aligned to the requirements of their current role. We will financially support your exams and provide study leave to help you prepare. Qualifications supported by AIB Capital Markets include ACCA and CFA.
- Mentoring Programme: All graduates are assigned a mentor – somebody to turn to for advice and practical assistance.
- On-the-job learning: Each team holds a wealth of experience and some of the most experienced bankers in the country. You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business and work with many of the largest customers of the bank.
- 23 month training programme with a highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to build experience working across both private and public markets
- Opportunity to work with teams based in multiple jurisdictions (Ireland, London, New York).
In our graduate programme the emphasis is very much on rotations and therefore we are looking for dynamic graduates who like to be challenged and learn quickly. Each graduate will rotate in areas of the business such as:
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Energy, Climate Action & Infrastructure
- Syndicated & International Finance
- Investment Banking (Equity Investment, Private Banking & Specialised Finance)
- Business Banking
- Capital Market Operations
What you’ll need
- An expected minimum 2.1 Honours Degree is a prerequisite for those joining the Graduate Programme. Confirmation of this will be sought if successful for the role.
- Candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland or hold a valid work permit for the full duration of the contract.
A note from a current Graduate:
‘The Graduate programme has given me the opportunity to rotate across various business units working with the bank’s largest customers, on some of their biggest banking decisions. With both the practical on-the-job learning and training, the programme has enabled me to develop a broad range of skills. The programme offers great exposure to the credit analysis process on exciting transactions both in Ireland and abroad. Pursuing professional qualifications is encouraged and the bank provides payment and study leave for qualifications such as QFA, ACA and CFA’
If you meet the minimum criteria and would be interested in joining the team please click apply and complete the online application. If you require further information on this role contact our Grad team at Grads@aib.ie