Who you are.
You are an ambitious Finance & Accounting student (graduate or final year student) interested in an exciting and rewarding career in finance while gaining excellent experience in one of Irelands leading financial services organisations.
In the AIB Finance Accounting Graduate Programme we are looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals, who are focused on becoming experienced accounting and finance professionals.
Who we are.
AIB is a dynamic, diverse and interesting place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers. How we work in AIB is also changing, we have embraced new ways of working becoming more agile and flexible in working hours and locations which includes working in the office and working remotely.
We ensure that we have the right talent, skills and capabilities within the organisation, to support accountable, collaborative and trusted ways of working. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, where people can be at their best which is supported by our values and behaviours. Modern careers in finance are grounded not only in solid finance and accounting skills and experience but also in data analyse and management and you will be able to develop these skills too.
Our Graduate Training and Development programme has been designed to help you develop the behaviours and capabilities that will accelerate your growth throughout the programme and beyond. We offer rotations into different areas and different roles, providing you with plenty of opportunities to expand your experience, your knowledge and build your network across the organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Participation in a structured graduate training and development programme.
- Full support in achieving your professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CFA) including a generous study leave Policy
- Rotations across different areas of AIB Finance
- 3.5 years training programme with a competitive graduate salary
- An assigned mentor throughout the graduate programme
- The opportunity to work & network with experienced professionals as the bank goes through an exciting period of change and growth
- Develop skills and gain experience in finance, accounting and data analyse.
In the AIB Finance Accounting Graduate Programme the emphasis is on rotations and therefore we are looking for dynamic graduates who like to be challenged and learn quickly. Each graduate will rotate 3 times over the course of the 3.5 year graduate programme in areas of the business such as:
- Capital and Liquidity Management
- Cost Transformation
- Finance Business Partners
- Financial Reporting
- Finance Services
- Management Accounting
- Project Accounting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Statistical Reporting
What you’ll need
- A minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in Accounting / Commerce / Business / Finance / Economics / Mathematics (or related discipline) is a prerequisite for those joining the Finance and Accounting Graduate Programme.
- Candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland or hold a valid work permit for the full duration of the contract which is 3.5 Years.
A comment from a current Grad
“Transitioning from college into the working world can be daunting but everyone in AIB is so welcoming and supportive during this transition. Joining AIB’s Accounting & Finance graduate programme has given me the opportunity to gain experience across different teams in Finance while also obtaining my professional accounting qualification. The culture within AIB creates a workplace where each and every graduate is encouraged to put their best foot forward to achieve their full potential. While working full time and studying towards a professional qualification can be challenging, there is a great sense of community amongst all the graduates which makes it easy to reach out and ask any questions you may have to those who have already gone through the process. While working remotely was a big change in comparison to going into the office daily, AIB continues to support me to ensure I have all the resources needed to succeed in both work and exams.” - Aisling Egan, Accounting Graduate
If you meet the criteria and would be interested in joining our Graduate Programme please click apply and complete the online application.
If you would like to get further information on the Graduate Programme please check out our website jobs.aib.ie or drop us an email at Grads@aib.ie to set up a virtual chat with our Early Careers Team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred Degree Subjects
Accounting and Finance
Maths and related
Economics and related