Who you are.
You are an ambitious Technical Analyst (graduate or final year student) interested in an exciting and rewarding career in financial information management while gaining excellent experience in one of Irelands leading financial services organisations. In the AIB Finance Technical Analyst Graduate Programme we are looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals to become experienced finance technical analysts.
AIB is a dynamic, diverse and interesting place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers. How we work in AIB is also changing, we have embraced new ways of working becoming more agile and flexible in working hours and locations which includes working in the office and working remotely.
We ensure that we have the right talent, skills and capabilities within the organisation, to support accountable, collaborative and trusted ways of working. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, where people can be at their best which is supported by our values and behaviours.
Our Graduate Training and Development programme has been designed to help you develop the behaviours and capabilities that will accelerate your growth throughout the programme and beyond. We offer rotations into different areas and different roles, providing you with plenty of opportunities to expand your experience, your knowledge and build your network across the organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Data visualisation skills development from maintenance of existing dashboards to building dashboards from scratch, learning scripting language, and implementing complex data visualisation solutions.
- Learn the AIB Project Methodology through involvement in numerous projects including how to draft a technical specification.
- Complete a journey of SQL competence from basic queries to complex scripts.
- Exposure to working with Teradata (Relational Database Management System), other AIB systems and platforms and a knowledge of the development of Financial Data.
- Participation in a structured AIB graduate training and development programme.
- 23 month training programme with a competitive graduate salary.
- 2 rotations across our financial management information teams.
- An assigned mentor throughout the Graduate programme.
As part of the AIB Finance Technical Analyst Graduate Programme, there are 2 rotations, where we will challenge you to ensure your learning and development potential is maximised over this 23 month period.
Here are some of the key tasks you could be working on:
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Developing data visualisation dashboards.
- Gathering Data Development requirements and documenting technical specifications.
- Running Financial Information Management reports.
- Monitoring data visualisation batches and fixing issues.
- Implementing data development projects in Finance.
- Data analysis and cleansing.
- Troubleshooting issues and implementing fixes.
What you’ll need
- A minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics or Management Information Systems(or related discipline) is a prerequisite for those joining the AIB Finance Technical Analyst Graduate Programme.
- Candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland or hold a valid work permit for the full duration of the contract which is 23 months.
A comment from a current Grad
‘The AIB Technical Analyst Graduate programme is an amazing opportunity for any graduate to partake in. It offered me the opportunity to learn many valuable skills through comprehensive training and on the job training. In your time at AIB you will be able to learn from many different business areas all of which will give you a unique view of the data world within the financial sector. With a friendly environment, amazing support and dedicated mentors, AIB will not only give you the support to be successful in your time here but also ensure that you have a wide range and depth of knowledge to support your future career’ – Tom Forde, Technical Analyst Graduate
If you meet the criteria and would be interested in joining our Graduate Programme please click apply and complete the online application.
If you would like to get further information on the Graduate Programme please check out our website jobs.aib.ie or drop us an email at Grads@aib.ie to set up a virtual chat with our Early Careers Team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred Degree Subjects
Accounting and Finance
Maths and related