Who are we?
We are leaders and innovators in roadside retail encompassing food, fuel and convenience offerings. Founded in 1992 in Dublin, we have expanded internationally to operate over 600 sites and employ over 16,000 colleagues across our markets.
Our global workforce comprises of retail experts, food scientists, interior designers, architects, fuel economists, traders, hoteliers, and all our corporate experts.
We are looking for talented graduates who are passionate about retail, ambitious, innovative and have an entrepreneurial spirit, to add to our global workforce of retail and corporate experts.
In return, we commit to continuously developing you and to provide meaningful learning experiences alongside a high level of ownership and responsibility.
What is the programme?
The retail graduate programme is a two year cross functional programme where graduates will have the opportunity to work in functions such as HR, Marketing, Trading, Fuel & Analytics, Digital and Food & Coffee.
Graduates will complete a site rotation to gain hands on experience and will have the opportunity for an international placement in their final year.
What is the graduate training and development offering?
At Applegreen, one of our core values is that we value and develop our people.
Our bespoke “Future Leaders” development programme is custom designed to provide graduates with expert training across the three pillars of self, business, and leadership.
Featuring a combination of workshops, online self-directed learning, webinars and guest speakers, the programme is structured to develop and strengthen the commercial acumen and leadership skills required to succeed in your career.
There is a broad range of topics covered such as business case proposal, influencing and leadership, goal setting and time management, negotiations, effective communications, resilience and design thinking.
You are also fully supported to achieve certified diplomas in Microsoft Excel and Project Management and will have full access to a wide library of learning supports via our tailored graduate portal.
By investing in this development programme, you will accelerate your pathway to future leadership roles.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce, Food Business, Innovation or Entrepreneurship related disciplines
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, retail preferable
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Why choose an Applegreen Graduate Programme?
- Attractive reward package
- Healthcare provision
- International Opportunities
- Unlimited progression opportunities to realise your career ambitions
- A fun and collaborative work environment
- Rotational structure to accelerate your commercial acumen
- Visibility and engagement with senior management