Asset Management Operations Apprenticeship 2023 - Dublin
Apply by: 26.03.2023
County Dublin + 2
Who we are:
We’ve been helping clients plan and invest for their futures for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to everyone from central banks to private individuals.
We’re known for acting with integrity and thinking for the long-term. And across our organisation, we foster a welcoming, caring and inclusive culture where people feel respected, trusted and able to be themselves.
At Fidelity International, we see our graduates as a vital part of our business. We’ll give you the support and training you need to succeed, whilst gaining a qualification. In return, you’ll help us deliver world class services and become highly knowledgeable about our business.
Global Asset Management Operations (AMO) is part of Investment Solutions and Services (ISS) and is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in 9 global locations, including Dublin, and made up of 420 people we provide the middle and back-office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and Net Asset Value (NAV) generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds.
In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it's essential that we can be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. The organisation's primary focus is on providing high quality operational services to both the investment business and our clients. We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
Within Asset Management Operations there are several departments you could be allocated to:
- Trade Management Services : Recording and settlement of trades across all asset classes
- Fund Accounting : Daily generation and verification of fund dealing prices
- Asset Services: Data management, asset valuation and corporate actions
- Operational Support : Implementing new business pipeline, fund and regulatory reporting, relationship management
- Performance and Attribution : Providing performance information and portfolio analysis
What a Graduate Apprentice in AMO will do
The Graduate Apprentice role within AMO is responsible for performing their tasks in a timely and accurate manner. They will liaise with other Global teams within Fidelity on a regular basis. Graduate Apprentices will be expected to escalate to their manager as appropriate and contribute to our continuous improvement efforts and ongoing projects to support the wider ISS strategy and to build networks across Fidelity.
What you can expect
Over your two-year programme, you will be based in our Dublin office, where you’ll not only learn how our operations contribute to making our organisation work seamlessly, but also build your knowledge of the wider business.
You’ll start your programme with a mini induction, during which we’ll introduce you to Fidelity and investment management.
Work in a collaborative team where employees are empowered to voice their opinions and suggest better ways of doing things and are rewarded for good performance. You’ll ensure tasks assigned to you are performed to the highest level so we continue to provide excellent service to our clients.
This is the apprenticeship that you will complete: Higher diploma in International Financial Services - Level 8
Who you are
We welcome applications from students from all educational backgrounds. If you’re inquisitive and ambitious, a role at Fidelity could be a great opportunity for you.
If you have an interest in what we do, thrive on continual learning in team environments and have the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-moving business we’d love to hear from you.
Please also review the minimum entry requirements on the link to the programme above.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Knowledge of back and middle office operations
- The trade lifecycle in securities instrument and fund structures
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- Has a passion for continuous improvement
- Works well within a team environment.
- Is flexible and willing to learn new processes as required
- Takes ownership for own workload
- Shows initiative and desire to learn tasks
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
During your time with us you’ll get to learn even more about what you enjoy, what you’re great at, and how to develop the career path that’s perfect for you. Our programmes may even lead to full-time opportunities if that’s what you’re looking for.
How to Apply
Please submit your application, including CV and complete both online tests via Early Careers Programmes - Fidelity International (tal.net) by 19th February at 23:55.
For any enquiries regarding your application, you can reach us at email@example.com .
County Dublin, Ireland, Europe