Assistant Project Engineer - Wastewater
Apply by: 02.10.2023
Why not come and work for one of Ireland's most progressive and ambitious engineering and environmental consultancies. We work in sustainability so if you want to progress your career in a socially responsible company working towards a sustainable planet then join us.
We are based in Ireland but also work in the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. We are part of the RSK Group, a group of more than 175 companies with over 11,000 employees operating around the globe, and are one of the leading engineering and environmental science companies in the world.
About the Role
Nicholas O'Dwyer is currently looking for an Assistant Project Engineer to work within our Wastewater Department at our head office in Dublin.
The successful candidate would be working as part of a team on International and Domestic Wastewater Projects including:
- Portfolio of Design and Build projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and Central Europe
- Worldbank and EU-Funded Wastewater Tenders
- Irish Water Design and Supervision frameworks
- Dublin Airport Drainage Masterplan
- Cork Lower Harbour Main Drainage Project
- Severn Trent Water Design Services
- Yorkshire Water & AMP7
You will be assigned to a team running many different projects concurrently. These will all be at different stages and your daily/weekly/monthly tasks will include elements of the below. We structure it like this to give you a varied workload and to keep the position exciting and challenging.
- Feasibility Assessments
- Preparing Preliminary Reports
- Scoping Investigation Contracts
- Detailed Design
- Preparing Technical Specifications and Contract Documents
- Procurement Process
- Construction Stage Administration
- Coordination of inputs from other team members
- Client liaison.
- Previous experience gained in the design of civil engineering works or the supervision of site development works
- You will be degree qualified in Civil Engineering with an interest in Water / Wastewater Engineering, exceptional candidates in other engineering disciplines such as Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical who show an aptitude for the wastewater sector would also be considered
- Ideally have experience in the delivery of consultancy services and some project management.
- Be highly motivated to succeed and progress your career within this consultancy.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work and manage many tasks concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.