About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Performance of Financial Reporting related activities across a team of 60+ partners
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under administration.
- Liaison with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met in relation to the Funds under administration.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Liaise with other units - Shareholder Services, Trustee, Corporate Actions, Control, Accounts and Fund Managers.
- Third level qualification in Accounting/Finance or Business
- An interest in pursuing a professional accounting qualification, preferable
- An appreciation of accounting principles
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.