Pure Ambition Graduate Programme
Are you looking for a graduate programme to match your ambition?
At Glanbia plc we are dedicated to delivering better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. We differentiate ourselves by doing not only what is right for our business, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work. So, if you’re looking to develop your career, stretch your ambitions and work fora Group that has the ability to succeed on the world stage, ours is a journey you’ll want to share.
Being selected for our Pure Ambition Graduate Programme is a significant first step in an exciting and invigorating career. At Glanbia, we nurture your talent and individuality. We support you in fulfilling your potential and help who you are today become who you want to be tomorrow. We want to grow and we want you to grow with us. In recognition of our world-class learning and development environment and excellent career opportunities, we were incredibly proud to win the award for Best Graduate Training & Development at the Gradireland Awards in 2021!
We are also proud to hold Excellence in Training recognition from Chartered Accountants Ireland (ACA), be a platinum approved employer with the ACCA, and a premium partner with CIMA. These are the highest and most prestigious levels of employer recognition from these bodies.
What you will be doing:
Through the Pure Ambition Graduate Programme, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact every day over three years on our programme, working across a variety of tax teams. We offer an engaging and immersive experience-driven development journey, where you’ll learn and develop not just the skills required for today, but the skills required for tomorrow.
Glanbia is offering excellent opportunities for those interested in a career in taxation, especially those seeking to achieve a professional tax and/or accounting qualification. The tax graduate role will provide a great opportunity to learn practical and legislative aspects across numerous areas of tax and offers a superb platform to develop a career in taxation.
As a Graduate on our award-winning three-year graduate programme, you will get a flavour for what life is like in Glanbia and the ability to develop a strong foundation across numerous areas of tax with possibilities longer term. You will work in Ireland with rotations in at least three tax areas such as indirect tax, customs, direct tax, transfer pricing, and employment taxes, gaining exposure to some of the following areas:
- Corporation tax compliance support across multiple jurisdictions;
- Transfer pricing compliance support across multiple jurisdictions;
- Indirect tax compliance, including preparation, submission and review of indirect tax returns for all Glanbia business units across multiple jurisdictions;
- Reconciliation of VAT accounts and investigation of reconciling items;
- Assisting in all indirect tax audits and queries;
- Support Glanbia’s global trade (i.e., customs) compliance obligations;
- Participating in global group-wide projects; and
- Supporting ad-hoc tasks.
Who we’re looking for:
We know it’s our people and their passion for delivering superior quality and value to our customers that sets us apart. We’re looking for graduates with the following qualifications and attributes:
- High academic record to date in the following fields of study: Business, International Business, Economics, Commerce; ideally with a specialism in taxation, accounting or finance;
- Expected minimum of a 2.1 honours in a primary relevant degree;
- Record of high achievement and delivery;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Proven self-starter with the drive and desire to succeed;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently; and
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
At Glanbia, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Glanbia our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more