Unison manufactures and supplies machinery and systems specialising in pasteurisers, homogenisers, separators, heat exchangers, pumps, and valves. Unison also provides servicing and testing for clients in Ireland within the Dairy, Beer, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
The successful candidate will assist us in developing new automation software for our PLC and HMI hardware, to allow management of our pasteuriser and heat exchanger tools.
You will also be responsible for developing automation software for our new calf pasteuriser system.
The role will require someone who has in-depth knowledge or experience on automation projects, working with PLCs and HMIs.
The successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with North West Regional College and will also have the opportunity to avail of a Post Graduate Diploma with Queen’s University Belfast as part of the employment offering
- Min Degree in Mechatronic/Electrical/Automation Engineering or closely related discipline
- Previous Experience in PLC and HMI development
- Qualification with modules focusing on automation technologies or certification from recognised hardware vendor: Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Horner etc
- Knowledge of developing/testing SCADA systems
- Ability to understand electrical components, circuits, test devices
- Knowledge of industry standard protocols: RS485, Profinet, Modbus etc.
- Project Management Experience.
Negotiable Salary dependent on experience.
Unit 5, Kilmallock Road Enterprise Centre, Kilmallock, Co Limerick
Preferred Degree Subjects
Electrical Engineering and related