ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years’ industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people.
As a company, we are proud to have been recognized as one of the top ten Great Places to Work in Ireland by Great Place to Work. This acknowledgement reflects our unwavering commitment to cultivating a positive and supportive work environment that nurtures and empowers our employees.
In addition to this, we were also honoured to receive the "Best Hybrid Way of Working" award in 2022. This recognition reflects our dedication to creating a flexible work culture that accommodates both remote and in-person work arrangements, while maintaining a high level of productivity and engagement.
About the role
ORS is a market leader in the role of assigned certifier. Since the introduction of BC(A)R 2014, we have a dedicated assigned certifier team of experienced chartered engineers and surveyors working on some of Ireland’s most prestigious construction projects. We are seeking a BCAR Co-Ordinator to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working on the BC(A)R certification process across a range of project types, including residential, commercial, industrial, logistics, leisure, retail, and healthcare.
You will be knowledgeable in multidisciplinary projects across various sectors, and therefore familiar with a wide range of building types and understand the common issues and defects associated with these. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all phases of the construction process are coordinated and completed in line with building regulations. As a team member, client relationships will be an integral part of your role. The role would suit a result orientated, passionate and ambitious team player.
Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Attending site meetings and undertaking site inspections.
- Preparing, issuing and reviewing inspection records for each project.
- Have knowledge of the building regulations, on-site inspections, construction detailing, the building control process and project management.
- Understand the role of the assigned certifier as stipulated by BCAR.
- Be able to build relationships with existing and new clients, including within ORS.
What's in it for you?
Aside from our people, culture and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make ORS a great place to work:
- Remote working model
- Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited employer
- Certified Best Place to Work Ireland (2019-2023)
- Attractive rewards framework (option includes pension, health cash plan, additional annual leave and much more)
- Competitive market salary
- Winner of “best hybrid way of working” Great Places to Work Ireland Award 2022
- Flexible working
- Professional memberships
- Opportunities to work across our multiple disciplines
- Weekly events (CPD's, virtual events, social events, workshops, guest speakers and fun team activities)
- High impact working environment with a flat ORG structure
ORS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive company culture. We foster a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects and supports their individual strengths, views and experiences.