BDO Ireland are looking for enthusiastic and personable graduates to train as accountants or consultants in our Audit, Tax, Advisory and Consulting departments. Depending on the area you join, you can study for ACA, ACCA, ITI or ICSA qualifications for a training contract of a minimum of 3 years in duration. Our success draws on a variety of individuals and talents and on the vivid personalities who shape our teams and build relationships with our clients.
We are looking for ambitious, forward thinking high achievers seeking Early Responsibility in a progressive and forward-thinking firm. In addition to a competitive package, our graduate positions offer opportunities for progression, challenging projects, and learning and development in a collaborative environment.
At BDO we want you to be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need, and you can shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality.
As part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO is one of Ireland’s leading accountancy, tax, advisory and consulting organisations. Working at BDO enhances your professional development by giving you purpose at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility, and AI exposure.
BDO Ireland is a member of the international BDO network, the world's largest European-led accounting network. We have an excellent partner to staff ratio, with over 91,054 people working with our clients and offering challenging, ethical, and practical advice from 1,658 offices in 167 countries and territories.
We recognise and reward your high performance and you can excel, progress, and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Some of the key responsibilities for our Graduates in our various departments include:
What will I be doing?
- Preparation of statutory financial accounts and financial statements
- Assist in maintaining and developing key professional relationships with clients
- Provision of general financial management information to clients
- Providing support drafting statutory financial statements
- Assist with Corporate and Income Tax compliance requirements of clients
- Interpreting legislation for preparation of tax returns
- Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients
- Preparation and filing of tax returns in relation to corporation tax and income tax
- Advise and assist clients on executing transactions, including M&A and fundraising assignments
- Analyse financial performance, present trend analysis and identify opportunities or risks of a company being bought or sold
- Prepare financial models, research industry sectors, conduct business valuations
- Prepare reports on a business’s financial performance and growth strategy
- Be part of an analytical and creative thinking team
- Preparing and filing Annual Returns
- Drafting Minutes for Board and Shareholder Meetings
- Incorporating new companies & striking-off dormant companies
- Preparing and filing statutory forms with the Companies Registration Office in Dublin, Companies House in the UK and the Isle of Man Company Registry
Risk & Advisory Services
- Working on operational and financial internal audit assignments
- Evaluating processes, systems and controls, detailing any remedial action required
- Carrying out financial control reviews
- Assessing clients’ compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and guidance
- Working on insolvency assignments, such as receiverships, liquidations and examinerships
- Assistance in the disposal of property & businesses
- Prepare financial projections for business ventures
- Draft partial contents of business plans, information memoranda and other strategic business reports
To find out more about BDO and what we do, please visit our website here.
- Annual Leave days 20
- Work life balance
- Paid Professional subscription
- Bike to work Scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Early Finish Fridays (June, July, August)
- Career Progression
About BDO Ireland
At BDO Ireland we don't just say it, we really do it. Exceptional service and a passion for both our clients and our people's success is what drives us.
We are business advisors. We work with our clients to determine the best course of action and then we work with them to make it happen.
We challenge ourselves to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and we challenge our clients when we know we need to, because we are passionate about their success.
We work with fast-growing businesses and entrepreneurs with ambition.
We understand the importance of empowering people to succeed and we celebrate independent thinking and diversity while fostering a culture of working collaboratively.
With offices in Dublin, Limerick and Cork and our international network of 1,809 offices in 167 countries, we work with our clients providing smart business advice.
It's what we DO - We advise. We challenge. We deliver.
After all it's in our name - B DO.