Are you an ambitious graduate with an interest in business who loves getting stuff done and making a real impact? If you are, then BDO Ireland’s 2024 Graduate Programme is just right for you!
BDO Ireland’s 2024 Graduate Programme is now open with professional opportunities to join our Audit, Tax, Advisory and Consulting departments. Depending on the area you join, you will have the opportunity to pursue qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ITI, or ICSA through a training contract lasting a minimum of 3 years.
At BDO, you can be yourself. We value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, early responsibility and client experience across multiple industries. We recognise and reward high performance and you’ll have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success.
We are clear on what we can expect from you and what you can expect from us in return. Our 4 Graduate Pillars below cover our core promises to you as a BDO Graduate.
1. BE YOURSELF
At BDO, we expect our colleagues to be themselves. When you bring your full self to work ideas flow and personalities shine. You’re empowered to fulfil your fullest potential and our clients enjoy the best experience.
We believe there is more than one way to get stuff done and ultimately, it’s the outcomes that matter most, personally and professionally.
3. GET STUCK IN
At BDO, we’re known for entrusting our grads with early responsibility and client experience. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work closely with BDO partners & directors who expect you to get stuck in and are there to support you from day one.
4. REAL PURPOSE
Working as a BDO grad is different. We’re not going to give you a vague marketing tagline or slogan on a café wall of how you can make an impact. Making an impact is important for you. We get it. That’s why at BDO our Graduates will work with their teams on providing real business solutions for our diverse range of clients. Because you’ll get direct client experience, you’ll get to see the real business impact of your work with the end decision makers themselves.
As part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO stands as a leading force in Ireland's accountancy, tax, advisory, and consulting realm. Working with us fuels your career's purpose at every turn, offering unmatched breadth, quality, responsibility, and AI exposure. BDO Ireland is a key player in the international BDO network—the world's largest European-led accounting group. With an excellent partner-to-staff ratio, our 91,054 experts collaborate with clients, delivering impactful advice from 1,658 locations across 167 countries.
At BDO, we prioritise how we treat our people—colleagues and clients alike. Our international recognition for a mindful and compassionate company culture reflects our commitment to placing individuals at the heart of all we pursue.
Please find detailed information below about the available openings for 2024.
- Preparation of statutory financial accounts and financial statements.
- Assisting in maintaining and developing key professional relationships with clients.
- Provision of general financial management information to clients.
- Providing support drafting statutory financial statements.
- Assisting with Corporate and Income Tax compliance requirements of clients.
- Interpreting legislation for preparation of tax returns.
- Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients.
- Preparation and filing of tax returns in relation to corporation tax and income tax.
- Advising and assisting clients on executing transactions, including M&A and fundraising assignments.
- Analysing financial performance, present trend analysis and identify opportunities or risks of a company being bought or sold.
- Preparing financial models, research industry sectors, conduct business valuations.
- Preparing reports on a business’s financial performance and growth strategy.
- Preparing and filing Annual Returns.
- Drafting Minutes for Board and Shareholder Meetings.
- Incorporating new companies & striking-off dormant companies.
- Preparing and filing statutory forms with the Companies Registration Office in Dublin, Companies House in the UK and the Isle of Man Company Registry.
Risk & Advisory Services
- Working on operational and financial internal audit assignments.
- Evaluating processes, systems, and controls, detailing any remedial action required.
- Carrying out financial control reviews.
- Assessing clients’ compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, and guidance.
- State of the art high tech office
- Secure bike park and showers
- Central Limerick location
- Paid Study leave
- Paid Annual Professional subscription.
- 20 days annual leave
- Good Friday Firm Day Leave
- Exam prizes (Our exam prizes reward all our trainees who have successfully passed their exams on the first attempt, with amounts dependent on the exam passed.)
About BDO Ireland
At BDO Ireland we don't just say it, we really do it. Exceptional service and a passion for both our clients and our people's success is what drives us.
We are business advisors. We work with our clients to determine the best course of action and then we work with them to make it happen.
We challenge ourselves to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and we challenge our clients when we know we need to, because we are passionate about their success.
We work with fast-growing businesses and entrepreneurs with ambition.
We understand the importance of empowering people to succeed and we celebrate independent thinking and diversity while fostering a culture of working collaboratively.
With offices in Dublin, Limerick and Cork and our international network of 1,809 offices in 167 countries, we work with our clients providing smart business advice.
It's what we DO - We advise. We challenge. We deliver.
After all it's in our name - B DO.
Generous holiday allowance