Are you interested in working as part of Aon’s Captive and Insurance Management team? Would you enjoy a dynamic and diverse role providing exposure to a broad range of insurance activities? If so, this may be the role for you!
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Dublin office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
About Aon Captive Insurance Management
Aon’s Captive and Insurance Management team is one of the world’s leading captive and insurance management service providers. Our team provides outsourced management services to over 1,300 insurance entities across the 30 offices globally of Aon Captive & Insurance Management.
Aon’s Captive and Insurance Management team in Ireland comprises a dedicated team of 60 people providing best-in-class captive management, across a full suite of services, to 40 captive insurance and reinsurance companies
What the day will look like
As a Captive Insurance Associate you will be working as part of the Aon Captive Management team to deliver excellent client value.
This is achieved by performing a variety of tasks across the underwriting, claims and risk management functions for a portfolio of captive (re)insurance companies.
The breadth of tasks includes:
- Running the insurance premium cycle from invoicing and receipt
- Claims reporting and analysis
- Coordinating Insurance Premium Taxes
- Completing regulatory reporting in line with Solvency II legislation and guidelines
- Collaborating with other functions, e.g., Actuarial, Finance and Compliance
- Collaborating closely with third-party service providers, including loss adjusters, brokers, auditors, and actuaries
- Participating in the renewal of insurance policies
- Communicating with clients and colleagues at all business levels
- Participating at the captive (re)insurance company Board Meetings
How this opportunity is different
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an insurance professional to broaden their skills and learn more about the risks of global organisations and how they are managed. Reporting to an Insurance Manager, you will gain exposure to a wide range of activities performed by a regulated (re)insurance company.
This is a dynamic and diverse client-facing role which also involves collaborating directly with the Actuarial, Finance, Compliance and Risk Management functions. We're looking for candidates who have the potential for building a lasting career at Aon.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Experience (or internship) in insurance or financial services industry
- Third level degree and/or relevant qualifications
- Ability to operate under pressure and handle deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage
- Numeracy and analytical abilities
- Highly efficient and self-reliant
- Multi-tasking abilities and meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable communicating with colleagues and stakeholders of all levels within an organization
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself.
We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Economics and related
Business Management and Administrative Studies
Annual discretionary bonus