Content and SEO Executive
Apply by: 07.07.2022
At gradireland we are growing our team, and we are seeking a Content Executive to continue to enhance what we provide to students, graduates and careers advisers.
We aim to help students realise their potential in the world of work through technology, content, and tools. That’s not an easy thing. We believe in understanding students and partnering with employers, universities, schools, and other technology providers.
It’s about students finding the right role and employers finding the most suitable candidates. But its more than that - it’s about helping young people discover options, develop and build confidence.
Role: Content and SEO Executive
As part of this role, you will be a key part of gradireland’s content engine, helping to scale and optimise the quality of what we produce and how it can better serve the needs of our audiences.
You will work across a variety of content formats on the gradireland.com platform, specialising in SEO, content optimisation, content writing and administration. The content administrator, reporting to the Managing Editor, will ensure that gradireland’s content is performing as well as it can, throughout our various digital channels.
The right candidate will:
Have a love of writing and editing good content. You’ll be proficient in writing engaging, compelling and optimised copy for websites, blogs, videos and social channels.
Be versatile - No two days in gradireland’s content team are ever the same. You’ll be asked to devise and execute content plans across a range of different channels, and will also regularly assist the commercial, marketing, events and customer success teams in delivering their content objectives
Be SEO-centric - gradireland's content strategy is built on solid SEO. You’ll have a working knowledge of SEO best practices, including keyword research, competitor analysis and on-page SEO. Ideally, you’ll have experience in Google Analytics, Semrush, Looker and Google Search Console. If you don’t, you will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm to learn quickly!
Be organised and analytical - Working for gradireland is fun and rewarding, but it’s also fast paced and challenging. You’ll need to be good at managing your time, working to deadlines and seeing projects through from concept to completion.
Be inquisitive -You’ll have a curious mind; you’ll want to know how people and processes work. Much of our content is based on insights from internal and external thought leaders, so some journalistic and editorial ability is vital.
Be data-led - gradireland's performance thrives on data. You’ll be confident in delving into the content CMS, tracking metrics, producing reports, making presentations, gaining insights and using them to improve your work.
- Writing, editing and optimising content in line with gradireland’s brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Taking an editorial approach to content. We want to ensure we are not just developing content for the sake of it, but that we are developing content that student’s, careers advisors and employers need.
- Delivering SEO strategies through keyword research and content creation.
- Setting clear content metrics to determine the success or failure of content initiatives, monitoring them and reporting on them weekly.
- Understanding the revenue impact of content and being comfortable analysing this and driving efforts on those areas that deliver maximum impact.
- Experience in devising content plans and knowing what makes web content tick
- Up-to-date knowledge of basic SEO principles, techniques, trends and best practices
- Comfortable in use of tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Semrush, Looker and more. We don’t expect you to know them all, but you should know some
- An understanding of content marketing
- Curious about graduate careers, third-level education and postgraduate study
- Good time management skills.
- Self-motivated - you aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something, but you’ll be resourceful enough to make your own well-informed decisions.
- Portfolio or demonstrable experience of content related work
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. Teamwork, enthusiasm and passion are a must for this job. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a small but dynamic team. We are committed to providing our team with the best possible opportunities, and training and career development is on-going for all the gradireland team.
About the job:
- Hybrid work mode: Two days in office, three days remote
- Permanent role – 37.5 hours per week between Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.30pm
- 3-month probationary period
- Benefits package: Personal Pension plan, initial 25 day’s holiday, Cycle to Work, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance scheme, contribution towards healthcare cover
Generous holiday allowance