KPMG Graduate Vacancies - Corporate Finance & Transaction Services
KPMG hires talented and ambitious graduates from all degree disciplines who join the firm on our Graduate Programmes. We have opportunities in our Corporate Finance & Transaction Services Practice in our Dublin offices and we are keen to hear from graduates. We’re seeking ambitious, forward thinking, high achievers seeking continued growth and progression.
We hire 470 graduates each year from all degree disciplines to: become a Chartered Accountant, receive the best training from the award-winning KPMG Business School and work with a team of top professionals advising clients from all industry sectors.
Our 118+ partners and 4,300 employees in Ireland want you to achieve the very best in your career. All our graduates will become business leaders of tomorrow while pursuing the ACA qualification. We have the best professional exam results in the country and we invest €15.6 million per year in our KPMG Business School to offer dedicated support and training.
We are the No.1 professional services firm in Ireland with revenues of €500 million and our clients spanning every industry sector.
As the leading business advisory firm, KPMG can offer you the combination of exceptional training, an outstanding list of clients and great colleagues to work with.
At KPMG we advise clients on what to do and help them to make better decisions, reduce costs, build a more effective organisation, with technology and risk management strategies. You could be working on projects such as advising companies in financial difficulty, formulating turnaround strategies or working on insolvency appointments.
About KPMG Corporate Finance Practice
Our team of 60 professionals coming from a diverse background provide advice to leading entrepreneurs, businesses and government bodies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, equity and debt fundraisings, real estate transactions, bank deleveraging and infrastructure financing.
In the past year we have been proud to advise clients on many high profile deals including the sale of a minority interest in the Domino’s Pizza franchise in Ireland, the introduction of a new investor into Panda Waste, the roll-out of rural broadband, the raising of finance for new ventures in the tech arena and some of the largest loan sales in the Irish marketplace.
The work you do influences the decisions of major industry players and can often change the trajectory of a business into the future.
Working in Corporate Finance offers you experience in the following areas:
- Financing businesses, including raising/ renegotiating new debt and equity funding
- Advising on public and private infrastructure projects
- Advising clients on commercial strategies, business purchases, disposals and management buy-outs
- Valuing businesses for mergers and acquisitions, transactions and shareholder disputes
- Working to deleverage bank balance sheets
KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice offers excellent development opportunities. Your individual training plan, combined with on-the-job interaction and exposure to leading professionals in the business community, will help fulfil your career aspirations.
About KPMG Transaction Services Practice
The combination of a dedicated team of 60 professionals – the largest in Ireland – with peerless transactions experience, together with the global reach and recognition of the KPMG brand, means that we are continually involved in many of the most significant deals in Ireland and abroad.
We work on project driven engagements lasting from several weeks to several months, working extensively with significant corporates, domestic and international banks, other financial institutions, private equity and other investment funds offering team members the widest exposure to acquisition and financing related activity.
We also provide strategic advice and commercial due diligence to clients across a broad variety of sectors.
We have supported many recent landmark transactions including:
- Smurfit Kappa’s successful defence of the unsolicited approach by International Paper
- $1 billion disposal by Greencore of its US business
- Goshawk Aviation’s acquisition of Sky Aviation Leasing International creating a global top ten aircraft lessor with a combined $11.4 billion fleet
- Carlyle Cardinal Ireland’s €100 million sale of Payzone to AIB / First Data
- Total Produce’s $300 million investment in Dole Foods in 2018
- Numerous IPOs including IPL Plastics, Glenveagh Properties, ConvaTec Group, Cairn Homes and Dalata Hotel Group
- Origin Enterprises first Brazilian investments in Ferrari Zagatto E Cia and Fortgreen Commercial Agricola Ltda
- The disposal of €20 billion of non-performing loan portfolios on behalf of Irish banks since 2016
You will be a key driver in the delivery of services to our clients – be they the acquirer, the target or a client raising funds through debt, private equity or public markets. You will learn how deals work and how to identify and manage the key issues that can impact on transaction value, deal execution or post deal integration planning.
In addition to developing strong technical and commercial skills, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our business through origination and business development activities.
Associates also undertake a rotation within our Audit practice which provides an invaluable grounding in practical accounting and an understanding of the financial operations of a business.
Training with the KPMG Business School
We recognise that on joining us, one of your main objectives will be achieving your first professional qualification. We take our responsibility to ensure that you excel in your professional exams extremely seriously – our exceptional success rate in the ACA exams is testament to this. Our exam pass rate is 10% to 30% better than the national average and we consistently have many of our employees placed in the top ten results in the country.
Our training is about much more than preparing you for your professional exams; it is about preparing you for a career as a professional business advisor, through on-the-job development and relevant formal training programmes.
- KPMG is the winner of gradireland Graduate Employer of the year 2021 and 2023.
- Best Graduate Training & Development Programme 2022 and 2023.
- Best Internship Programme of the Year 2021 & 2022.
- Best Graduate Recruitment Website 2022 and 2023.
- Best Student Marketing Campaign 2022.
- #2 Innovation in Graduate Recruitment 2022.
- Listed in The Universum Most Attractive Employer for business students in Ireland 2019 – 2022.