This is an exciting opportunity for graduates who are curious and love to solve complex problems through the use of data and analytics.
Data and analytics in an airport environment presents a unique and diverse set of business challenges. Unlocking the power of data is key to driving an intelligent airport; one that optimises its commercial & operational activities, shares real-time information & delivers an outstanding airport experience for airlines & passengers.
The Daa Data & Analytics team have been recognized as industry leaders in the field of analytics in Ireland recently winning the Analytics Innovation Award at the annual Analytics Institutes awards for 2021.
The graduate will be part of our award winning daa IT - Data & Analytics (D&A) function, who provide data and analytics solutions to Dublin Airport, Cork Airport and ARI International covering all business areas – Commercial Travel Services, Airport Operations, Airport Security, Travel Retail, Marketing, Finance, Procurement, IT and HR.
The goal of the daa Data & Analytics team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data by unlocking the power of our data through actionable insights.
The D&A team consists Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists. This is a very exciting opportunity within D&A where a candidate will get an opportunity to work across these three D&A disciplines.
As a Graduate you will gain experience in:
- Data & Analytics – How data and analytics plays a key part in an Airport environment
- Working closely with business stakeholders to understand business challenges and gather requirements
- Project Management using the Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Stakeholder management and business engagement
- Communicating regular status updates to wider business
- Technology and tools for data & analytics
- Enterprise applications – Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Personal development - working on own initiative and within a team
BI Data Engineering
- Data Warehouse Dimension/Relational modelling and Cube development
- Work on the design, architecture, implementation and support of daa BI Applications using a variety of tools on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server BI Technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- ETL programming and data integrations
- Design and build metrics, interactive reports and dashboards to help business areas track performance
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to identify business problems and provide analytics solutions.
- Design advanced analytics solutions including assessing and selecting the most appropriate data science techniques
- • Involved in all aspects of the design, development and delivery of analytics solutions - including problem definition, data exploration, visualisations, building, evaluating and deploying predictive models
- Programming using key advanced analytics tools like R, Python and SQL
- Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) design and execution to bring together the required data from varied and disparate sources
- Data exploration to understand the data available
- Iterate through the analytics solution process, liaising closely with stakeholders to optimise the analytical outputs for the end user
- Testing and validation of the solution
- Design and delivery of appropriate data visualisations to communicate results to potentially non-technical audiences
Our graduate programme closes for applications on Nov 14th. We will be in touch shortly after.
- Recently graduated (or expect to graduate) with a minimum 2.1 bachelor’s or master’s degree in an IT, Data Analytics course
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Ambitious, passionate and dynamic individual with a high level of integrity, drive and commitment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer
- Exciting and Diverse International Career Opportunities
- Competitive starting salary with a Performance Related Bonus
- Personal Development, Mentoring and Coaching
- Excellent Award Winning Pension Scheme - Life Assurance and Income Protection Plan
- Discounted Shopping across our retail outlets
- On-Site Sports Facilities & Health and Wellness initiatives
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT
Season ticket loan