An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recent environmental graduate to join our 2 year Graduate program at daa. Through planned rotations you will gain experience between our daa Group Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environmental team (HSSE) and our Asset Care Energy, Utilities and the Environment team.
HSSE develops policy and oversees corporate governance and compliance in relation to aviation safety, health and safety, sustainability and environment at Dublin and Cork airports. Infrastructure sits within the Dublin Airport business unit and is responsible for day to day management of environmental issues such as;
- Air Quality
- Water Quality (including potable and surface water)
- Energy / Carbon reduction
The operating environment at daa is very unique in some areas, covering 2 quite different airports and the role offers many exciting challenges in supporting and developing the existing environmental and sustainability programmes.
Some of the typical duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist in benchmarking best practice at other airports and peer organisations
- Work with the organisation to support the integration of new sustainability initiatives into existing operating activities.
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring and reporting of performance in relation to environmental and sustainability issues such as noise, water quality, air quality, carbon and energy.
- Assist in the continuous improvement ofsafety and environmental management systems at daa airports.
- Promoting and raising environmental awareness throughout the airports and with airport users
- Supporting the review and improvement of environmental procedures as part of the airports’ environmental management systems.
- Support the tracking and review of energy performance and carbon management through both HSSE and Asset Care teams as required.
Daa ESG Strategy for 2021 – 2023 - https://online.flippingbook.com/view/849756153/
Applications close on Nov 14th. You will hear from us shortly after.
- Recently graduated (or expect to graduate) with a minimum 2.1 bachelor’s or master’s degree in a Sustainability, Energy or relevant area.
- Willing to pursue a professional environmental/sustainability qualification
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Ambitious, passionate and dynamic individual with a high level of integrity, drive and commitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Personal values aligned to daa values
What we offer
- Opportunity to become part of a high-performance team focused on delivery and continuous improvement in environmental and sustainability management,
- An exciting opportunity to gain valuable environmental and sustainability management experience in an organisation operating a wide range of activities across two major economic sites in Ireland.
- Access to a dynamic and diverse Group providing a broad range of professional and personal experiences
- Competitive starting salary with a Performance Related Bonus
- Personal Development and Coaching
Preferred Degree Subjects
Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources
Season ticket loan