Ireland + 1
First Derivative is a global provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry. It supports institutions in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. We have the world's largest, fully Capital Markets dedicated team.
As a graduate, you will join the Capital Markets Training Programme (CMTP), giving you the unique opportunity to expand your skillset and potential. The Capital Markets Training Programme is a 2 year scheme which enables fast track career progression into the Capital Markets industry.
Over the course of the two-year graduate Programme, the combination of training courses and varying client projects is specifically designed to give you both the experience and core skills you need to progress.
We invite you to explore a career at First Derivative, where we take seriously our commitment to stimulate, challenge, develop, reward and care for our employees.
First Derivative is the Services arm of FD Technologies PLC that also own KX – the world’s fastest real-time analytics product, it is capable of processing vast quantities of data and providing analytics in-stream. It powers all the world’s leaders in algorithmic trading as well as several Formula 1 teams and is core to many 5G cellular systems.
On the Data-Quant stream of our Graduate Programme, you will be offered a unique opportunity to enter the world of ultra high-performance data. Here the emphasis is on problem-solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding.
Data-Quants, work with our clients to keep their systems ahead in an environment that is constantly changing and where advantage is measured in milliseconds.
As a Data-Quant, you will train with us and work on live projects with our clients, there is plenty of opportunity for international travel.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits.
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A self-starter who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Candidate personal data will be processed in line with our Global Candidate Privacy Notice