About Dawn Meats:
Dawn Meats is a premium meat processor and supplier of choice for a range of leading supermarket, foodservice and restaurant businesses. Established in 1980, Dawn Meats is an industry leader with annual revenues of over €2bn, employing over 7,300 staff in 15 countries and exporting to over 50 countries.
As a family owned and managed company, Dawn Meats has a real sense of place in the community through the geographically diverse team members, farmer suppliers and many consumers who enjoy our products on a daily basis. Dawn Meats remain true to its farming heritage through the close relationships forged with over 20,000 farmers in the UK and Ireland.
Our team members are a diverse and inclusive community of passionate people striving to make a difference. We make every effort to ensure they feel a valued part of the business and that they in turn value the opportunities that arise from working with Dawn Meats.
Brighter Futures Graduate Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dawn Meats, you are given real responsibility from the start. Combined with formal training, you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors;
- First class coaching;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
With no pre-conceived ideas and no limit on your career path, your skills and experiences can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dawn Meats. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised Management Development Institutes in Ireland and the UK to develop our Graduates as managers of the future.
We recruit Graduates primarily in the areas of:
- Operations and Production;
- Commercial and Planning;
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain
- Agriculture & Livestock Procurement;
- Human Resources;
- Food Safety and Quality;
- New Product Development;
- Accounting & Finance;
- Health and Safety and Environmental.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our Primary Production facilities and will:
- Operate across all areas of production and operations;
- Work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines;
- Be involved in the management of raw material specifications in conjunction with the site management team;
- Provide analysis of production efficiency;
- Be tasked with achieving targets across a number of KPI's;
- Gain detailed knowledge of the meat processing business;
- Work with a continuous improvement mindset in their area.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy Production environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A relevant third level qualification;
- Communication & presentation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to deal with challenges systematically;
- Good forward thinking and planning ability.