Design Engineering Placement
Job title: Design Engineer Placement
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Responsibilities & Duties
Assisting the senior design engineer to:
- Design new or adapt existing designs to provide a complete customised material handling solution for global customers working in a variety of industries
- Ensure a high-quality finished product by working with a wide range of departments including purchasing, production, quality, electrical & control
- Ensure all designs and documentation meet relevant ISO standards and comply with company’s internal procedures.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Maintain product and process data base by; entering data, developing documents.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assume full responsibility and contribute as a functional professional, which will give you hands on experience while promoting your personal and professional growth.
- Receive Mentoring.
- Work and network with professionals from all segments across the company.
- Receive Induction Training.
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently pursuing a third level Engineering Degree.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills.
- Be proficient in the use of 3D Solidworks or similar
- Ability to work both, as an individually and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be a quick learner and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to generate practical solutions as part of a highly motivated engineering team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to generate practical solutions as part of a highly motivated engineering team.