Digital Marketing Content Executive
Do you wish to work in support of Ireland’s creative engineering community?
Engineers Ireland is the professional body for engineers and engineering in Ireland with over 25,000 members across the island of Ireland and overseas, we focus on the promotion and development of all disciplines of engineering, working collaboratively with industry, educational institutions, state bodies and the public service. Our vision statement is: A community of creative professionals delivering sustainable solutions for society.
The Digital Marketing Content Executive is a full-time role within the Marketing and Communications team on an initial two-year contract. This team leads Engineers Ireland’s corporate communications, strategic marketing, and stakeholder engagement. Other team activities include media relations, communications, sponsorship, digital presence, events and the Engineers Journal. The team is part of a wider Advocacy and Engagement directorate.
We are looking for a resourceful enthusiastic Digital Marketing Content Executive with a passion for great stakeholder engagement and customer care.
Together with the Marketing and Strategic Projects Principal & team, they will work in the creation, development and implementation of creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, support the brand of Engineers Ireland, and drive sales and online traffic.
The Executive will need to write, edit and deliver content digitally as a key part of their role.
And while not responsible for the full technical aspects of our website, the perfect candidate will have a working knowledge of frontend digital technologies and be able to upload and publish content with ease.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Driving targeted audience engagement and procurement, work with the Marketing and Strategic Projects Principal to develop, implement and execute marketing ideas, initiatives, and activities.
- These would include (but not limited to) campaigns relating to continuing professional development for our members, member retention/ acquisition, based on member demographics including 3rd level engineering students, and our STEPS programme. (Digital, print and broadcast).
- Develop and deploy all necessary marketing collateral and branded material to support the business.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Engineers Ireland brand, voice, style, and tone.
- Be an editor of the organisation’s digital presence, publishing, commissioning and uploading content.
- Develop SEO-friendly content for our digital presence.
- Write, edit, and schedule social media.
- Work with DotNetNuke, CMS, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Photoshop, Premier Pro, HTML and CSS.
- Use of analytics to ensure activity is measured for monthly reports, with recommendations.
- Develop and administer key group email communications while adhering to marketing best practices.
- Work with, and support, the broader Marketing and Communications team in the execution of marketing, PR, brand, and client campaigns including relating to our corporate partners.
- Participation as requested in special projects and other related duties as a team member.
- A minimum of two to three years’ relevant experience in a Marketing/Digital team position.
- A qualification in Marketing or Digital Communications, or other relevant discipline.
Experience, skills and competencies
- Track record of previously managed marketing campaign experience.
- Have excellent writing, digital copywriting and editing experience.
- Knowledge of brand-related design work would be extremely useful and/ or working with a third party to deliver same.
- Have experience of a content management system (s) and social media.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Basic video editing skills would be extremely useful.
- Have previous experience managing group email deployment.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Always look to innovate putting new ideas into motion.
- Be proficient at planning your own work, to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work well within a team environment, with a commitment to information sharing, quality and consistency.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively and flexibly with all staff and stakeholders across the organisation to build relationships.
- Attention to detail is paramount and adherence to the four values of our organisation.
Engineers Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable accommodations where required
Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants https://www.engineersireland.ie/Resources/Documents/resource/347