Established in 1917, Nikon Corporation is one of the world’s leading optical companies. With decades of experience as a manufacturer of optical lenses and precision equipment, Nikon developed the world’s first production-worthy step-and-repeat photolithography tool in 1980. Since then, over 60 models of Nikon Semiconductor Lithography systems (NSR) have printed half of all the integrated circuits ever manufactured. Today, Nikon is a leading global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. It is real world, on-product performance that is vital to chipmakers.
Nikon Precision Europe (NPE) GmbH is the organisation supporting the latest Nikon Scanners for its European customers. We provide Service to our customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner. Whether it is during Installation, Wafer Production Ramp-Up or in a Sustaining Production Environment, our team provide Expert Analysis and Solutions to enable optimal usage around the clock of the Capital equipment in the customer factory.
Due to ongoing expansion of our Irish operation, we are currently hiring experienced engineers to join our team, based at a key semiconductor supplier's campus in Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
The Engineer in Charge (EIC) is a responsible position in the site structure, key to NPE success and with primary objective of successfully supporting service activities across the site supporting tool availability, escalation and Plan of Action (POA) management, and providing updates and interface to local team and customer.
The EIC is a multi-varied technical and responsible role, with expectation to be a primary Point of Contact (POC) both internally with the local service team, Applications team and Nikon Corporation (NC) Specialists, and to the customer through regular meetings and escalation support. The EIC provides technical guidance, input and direction whilst also working to support coordination of the daily operational activities.
What you will do
- Support ongoing activities of co-ordination including Action Plan (AP) generation, AP/Gantt Management, Troubleshooting, Background research, Data analysis.
- Lead proper pre-planning of work, including resources, tooling, documentation, parts, Gantts, clarity of APs.
- Work independently and own all aspects of Gantt creation, management and reporting of AP’s for Scheduled machine interventions.
- Be up to date on status of ongoing activities and priorities. Work closely with the ‘Immersion’ and ‘Non-Immersion’ Site Technical Lead (STL)/EIC to ensure all required activities are planned for, and provide backfill for the STL as required. This may include providing ongoing operational direction to the team and delegate activities as per priorities.
- Proactively monitor machine health using Nikon monitoring systems, and respond appropriately to daily alerts.
- Attend customer/internal meetings as required.
- Ownership of all aspects of escalations as they arise (internal/external meetings, Model-Based Problem Solving (MBPS) creation, AP creation, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Work closely with Customer POC to ensure priorities are being addressed, and escalations are managed.
- Develop technical expertise and proficiency across multiple disciplines to enable efficient analysis and troubleshooting of machine issues, (this may include high level, specialist activities on the site in order to localize future activities).
- Coach, train, mentor & support (as necessary) Service Engineers in planning and execution of work.
- Continuously transfer skills to local team to improve capability of organization.
What you have
- Third-level qualification in a related Engineering field such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate experience in a semiconductor environment.
- Good understanding of Photolithography and Semiconductor processing an advantage.
- Practical “hands-on” ability.
- Self-motivated to learn on the job.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to mentor and provide technical leadership.
- Experience in Data analysis, manipulation and interpretation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience in data parsing using scripting (e.g. Perl, VB, etc.) would be an advantage as well as experience in engineering software for data manipulation and visualisation (e.g. Excel, JMP, Matlab, etc.).
- Fluent English (written & spoken), Japanese is a benefit.
- Clear and concise technical communication skills.
- Excellent customer-oriented presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Compliant with NPE Core Competencies.
- Service orientated, customer focused.
- Takes ownership for work performed; cost conscious, resourceful, and proactive.
- Role model and sets a positive example for others to follow, cultivating a pro Nikon environment at the customer site.
- Able to actively manage and prioritise several critical issues and escalations simultaneously.
- Desire to continuously improve his/her own technical and professional abilities.
- Adaptable to irregular working patterns.
- Full time, permanent.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns, including working normal office hours, dayshift, nightshift, weekend on-call and weekend working.
- Occasional long periods abroad for training and customer assistance as required.
- Leixlip - Ireland.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: leasing car or car allowance, unsocial hours allowance (as worked), discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards.
- Comprehensive training program involving international travel.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Leixlip, Co Kildare.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Electrical Engineering and related
Mechanical Engineering and related