About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dawn Meats we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors;
- First class coaching;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
With no pre-conceived ideas and no limit on your career path, your skills and experiences can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dawn Meats.
We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised Management Development Institutes in Ireland and the UK to develop our Graduates as managers of the future.
The successful applicant will engage in a number of existing factory mechanical and automation engineering solutions and play a significant role in projects for a number of facilities throughout Ireland and the UK.
The company has a lot of manual operations and has been working to try and automate part of these processes.
There is also a need to automate data collection from utilities and refrigeration infrastructure and to develop improved control strategies and reporting procedures. The company is using Ignition software to develop this strategy.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our production plants and will:
- Participating in the development of automated system for our services, production and packaging lines to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems;
- Project Managing changes to the existing process automation code and systems hardware over a number of production and packaging facilities;
- Assisting the project team to progress the production equipment capability's by driving automation projects;
- Supporting the project team with design for PLC's control and PC controlled equipment;
- Providing automation support to production/maintenance teams, including troubleshooting and issue resolution;
- Interacting closely with group engineers to discuss current projects, potential issues and solutions.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy Engineering environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A relevant 3rd level Engineering qualification (preferably B.Sc.\B.E. degree in engineering) or similar;
- A good knowledge of manufacturing automation, machine design, development and validation process;
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English;
- The ability to work as both part of a team and independently is essential.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Mechanical Engineering and related
Manufacturing Engineering and related
Electrical Engineering and related