The Engineering Support (ES) Software Engineer position provides expertise to Field Service Engineers, Support Teams and customers (where appropriate) in solving technical issues including repair, integration and optimization of Nikon photolithographic machines (NSR) within the customer manufacturing environment.
ES Engineers use their technical expertise of the NSR’s as well as their troubleshooting and data analysis skills to investigate complex technical issues; prepare internal and customer explanation material; generate action plans; oversee their execution, and ensure quick resolution of the issue. One of their main duties is to facilitate and improve information sharing, in addition to knowledge transfer between the Nikon Precision Business Unit Headquarters in Japan; Nikon Precision Incorporated in the US; Nikon Precision Europe, and other subsidiaries worldwide. Additionally, maintain and improve e-diagnostic infrastructure, machine simulation systems, and the documentation of these.
A core competency of the ES Engineer is to work effectively with site team stakeholders, worldwide support teams and customers to ensure that issues are correctly prioritized and resolved in the most efficient manner.
What you will do
- Apply advanced knowledge of Nikon equipment to resolve complex issues. Use company systems and documented procedures to direct and lead all tasks to completion.
- Prepare and perform machine control system software upgrades. Create valid software configurations for NSR models.
- Be the main point of contact for technical communications between the Nikon Precision support teams in Japan, the US, and Nikon Precision Europe.
- Use technical expertise to take ownership and investigate complex machine issues including escalation to Japan Headquarters when appropriate.
- Support local sites for quick resolution of problems by using his/her technical knowledge and data analytical skills to develop and proliferate action plans and to oversee their execution.
- Work efficiently with other departments/groups within the Nikon Precision business unit to ensure each technical issue is prioritized appropriately and resolved in a timely manner.
- Increase base technical knowledge of field personnel in all product lines and/or systems by transferring technical information, delivering training and creating technical documentation as needed.
- Increase base data analytical knowledge and skill of field personnel in all product lines and/or systems by transferring technical information and creating BKM’s as needed.
- Improve site skill level by proliferating technical knowledge, creating documentation, providing mentoring and OJT to other Nikon Engineers Maintain knowledge of current activities by attending regular scheduled meetings.
- Ensure budget accuracy by timely submission of timesheets, travel requests, expense reports, etc.
- Mentor and guide others in using best known methods in troubleshooting the system in a logical order, in order to solve problems and to effectively communicate solutions.
- Prepare, document, and review planned activities. Proactively prepare for potential problems.
- Work in a small, diverse team, staying up to date with all of the teams’ activities, and stand in for team members when necessary.
- Project a positive and professional image of Nikon at all times.
- Develop customer confidence in job performance through effective communication and understanding of how the equipment works. Understand the customer needs.
- Be a role model for safety on site.
- Promote compliance to all safety and protocol policies.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve safety in the workplace and pursues solutions.
What you have
- Minimum Qualifications - 3 year relevant Engineering or science Diploma. Must have excellent understanding of electronics, mechanics, optics, software development or other discipline relevant to the Semiconductor Industry.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Structured and organized approach to trouble shooting and work preparation.
- Competent in generating complex action plans to investigate/address machine issues and manage their execution.
- Competent in performing troubleshooting/repair of system faults and proven ability to resolve difficult machine problems without supervision.
- Competent in writing scripts using any coding language, to collect, manipulate and analyse data.
- Proficient with any analysis software and/or programming language (Python, Perl, Matlab…).
- Proficient with any Computer Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, OpenVMS, etc.).
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel VBA is a benefit.
- Fluent English (written and spoken), Japanese language a distinct advantage, other languages are a benefit
- High level of communications skills – both written and verbal, with particular ability to explain complicated scenarios.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills.
- Compliant with NPE Core Competencies.
- Service orientated, customer focused.
- Takes ownership for work performed; cost conscious, resourceful, and proactive.
- Role model and sets a positive example for others to follow, cultivating a pro Nikon environment at the customer site.
- Able to actively manage and prioritise several critical issues and escalations simultaneously.
- Desire to continuously improve his/her own technical and professional abilities.
- Adaptable to irregular working patterns.
- Full time, permanent.
- Be part of a 7- day work pattern including days and nights.
- Varying work patterns will be required during the training and transition period.
- Occasional long periods abroad for training and customer assistance as required.
- Flexibility, and readiness, to travel on short notice to troubleshoot and fix serious machine problems at the customer site, within Europe and Israel.
- Valid, unrestricted driving license. Ability to drive in different countries. OK to use car, train, ship, or airplane.
Leixlip, Co Kildare.