Location: Ballyhaunis Co. Mayo / Rathdowney Co. Laois
Job Title: Environmental Graduate
Contract type: Full-Time/Permanent
About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Here in Dawn Meats, we like to give you responsibility from the start. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors;
- First class coaching;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
With no pre-conceived ideas and no limit on your career path, your skills and experiences can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dawn Meats.
We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised Management Development Institutes in Ireland and the UK to develop our Graduates as managers of the future.
The successful applicant will be employed in one of our production facilities, operating as an Environmental Graduate. This will involve the day-to-day management of all environmental related activities along with a series of environmental and sustainability-based projects.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our primary production plants and will be responsible for:
- Capturing and analysing all relevant data relating to effluent, energy, water, waste and sustainability measures.
- Formatting and analysing all the relevant data and developing KPI's for internal and external reporting.
- Liaise with external bodies on regulatory matters i.e., EPA/ Local Authorities etc.
- Liaise with third party contractors to ensure environmental compliance.
- Maintain and improve ISO50001 Energy management system on site.
- Maintain and improve ISO140001 Environmental management system on site.
- Monitor and ensure conditions of the site-specific EPA IE Licence are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out site environmental inspections and audits to ensure policies/procedures are being implemented and adhered to.
- Assist with the roll out of projects and initiatives for water, waste, energy, carbon neutrality, etc.
- Support and assist with the Internal Audit Programme for ISO14001 & ISO50001.
- Assist with and deliver environmental training to employees on site.
Your role will allow you to engage in a wide range of business challenges in a busy environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A relevant 3rd level Environmental qualification (preferably B.Sc.\B.E. degree in engineering) or similar.
- A good knowledge of environmental scientific techniques, managing large amounts of data, report writing.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.
- The ability to work as both part of a team and independently is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tasks.
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Ballyhaunis Co. Mayo & Rathdowney Co. Laois
Preferred Degree Subjects
Agriculture, Animal and Plant Resources
Environmental Engineering and related
Food and Nutrition
Generous holiday allowance