Are you looking for work experience as an engineering or related professional in the energy sector?
Are you studying for a qualification in areas such as civil/structural, chemical, control/automation, electrical/electronic, energy, environmental, mechanical, planning, quantity surveying or any other STEM related profession?
If so, why not join ESB, Ireland’s foremost energy company, where we are driven to make a difference, to achieving Net Zero by 2040?
With over 1000 engineers and related professionals, ESB is dedicated to investing in engineering related expertise and developing critical skills to support Ireland’s future growth and development. We see investing in our people, the current and future drivers of our organisation, as a central pillar of our strategy.
Our Technical Internship Programme offers College Placements and Summer Internships to future STEM professionals.
The objective of our Programme is to give you an opportunity to experience the energy sector while undertaking real engineering work and for ESB to find potential future employees. If you join us, you will grow professionally, develop key skills and actively contribute to ESB’s Net Zero by 2040 strategy. You could also finish up with a Graduate Programme or further Internship offer.
The programme has a wide variety of opportunities:
- In Customer Solutions (Dublin) you work to help customers optimise their energy production and usage and find sustainable energy solutions in our eCars and Smart Energy Services teams.
- In Engineering and Major Projects (Dublin & Cork), you join teams providing essential technical inputs to enable delivery of ESB's Net Zero by 2040 strategy across Generation and Networks.
- In Generation (Dublin, Cork, Clare) you work in power station and head office roles operating, maintaining and optimising existing, and developing and building new, thermal and renewable energy sources.
- In Networks (Dublin, Cork, Limerick) you work to ensure the provision of secure and reliable electricity transmission and distribution while facilitating the renewable energy transition for electricity, transport and heat.
- In Telecoms (Dublin & Cork) you work to build, operate and maintain Ireland's largest private telecoms network facilitating operation of ESB, the electricity networks and many renewable generation facilities.
What We Look For?
- Working towards a Degree in Engineering or a related field
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to learn quickly
- Flexibility regarding work location (willingness to travel to site and other offices)
- Experience with MS Office
As outlined for each business area above. Hybrid working is a feature of roles outside of generating stations. Some opportunities may arise in other parts of the country.