Your Brighter Future Awaits
We have a number of exciting HR Graduate Development opportunities starting in 2022.
Who we are
ESB is Ireland’s foremost energy company. We have been supplying power to industry, communities and individuals for 90 years. Through innovation, expertise and investment, we are leading the way in developing smart and sustainable energy systems to meet the demands of modern life, both at home and overseas, making us a vital part of building a brighter, more sustainable future.
ESB's purpose is to create a Brighter Future for the customers and communities we serve, by leading the transition to reliable, affordable, low-carbon energy. Through our diverse businesses across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain, we aim to meet the customer energy needs by bringing the best of our capabilities together to deliver innovative and value-driven solutions for a low-carbon world. We are harnessing all our resources for a brighter future, investing in our people and working collaboratively with partners to enhance the lives of our customers, drive economic progress and bring about a more sustainable future.
As a strong, diversified, vertically integrated utility, ESB operates right across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply. We extract further value at certain points along this chain: supplying gas, using our networks to carry fibre for telecommunications, developing electric vehicle public charging infrastructure and more.
At ESB, we have a strong culture of giving back. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility Fund, Energy For Generations, we allocate over €1m annually to support organisations working in the areas of suicide prevention, homelessness and educational disadvantage. We encourage staff to take part in initiatives such as “Time to Read” scheme for local schools.
Our HR Graduate Development Programme
At the heart of ESB is our HR Professionals.
Our People are the key to our success as an organisation, and our HR function plays a fundamental part in ensuring we attract, retain and develop the best talent. ESB’s HR Graduate Development Programme allows you to build your HR expertise by working in different specialist areas across our dynamic HR function, which provides a full range of HR services to our 7,000 employees.
Joining ESB’s HR function, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team where you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a fast-paced, innovative team environment. Our HR Graduate Development Programme will allow you to grow professionally, as well as develop the necessary skills to help you on your way to career success.
As part of our HR Graduate Development Programme you will be given the opportunity to complete 4 assignment rotations in different areas across the HR function including the following:
- Organisation Development
- Inclusion & Diversity
- Reward / Compensation & Benefits
- Performance Management
- Capability & Resource Assurance
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning & Development
- Business Partner Support Role
Our bespoke HR Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Structured Rotations – Our graduate programme is CIPD aligned and structured into 4 assignment rotations, where you will build HR competence and business knowledge through exposure to our business units and a diverse range of business activities.
- Learning & Development – Central to our programme is your continuous professional development. A bespoke Graduate Training Programme is delivered by the Irish Management Institute focusing on developing key skills such as effective team working, project management skills, presentation skills, commercial skills and leadership development. Graduates also receives on the job learning and work shadowing which is complemented with personal development programmes and supports designed to help you grow professionally and personally.
- Performance Orientated – At the start of each of your rotations, you will agree with your line manager, the performance and learning goals of the assignment and put in place the steps to help achieve them. Ongoing one-to-one conversations and management reviews will ensure that you are constantly working towards achieving your professional status and position you for a career with ESB.
- Supportive Working Environment – In addition to your immediate support network of Line Manager, Middle Manager, Team Colleagues and Graduate Peers, you will also be assigned a Mentor. The role of the Mentor supports you over the entire term of the programme (30 months) to guide you on your career and provide advice on your rotations.
- Social Networking – Over the last few years our graduates have been involved in all sorts of Sports and Social activities. Anything from Tag Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and GAA, to language classes, team building challenges, charity work and graduate social events. Our clubs, societies and networks are a great way to build your contacts and of course make new connections.
In return, you will enjoy our many benefits including a competitive graduate salary and a comprehensive benefits package built on the four pillars of reward, career, community and wellbeing.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your career with ESB as a HR Professional.
So, if you are looking to develop your HR career in a large, dynamic HR department of a leading Irish company employing over 7,000 people, then ESB’s HR Graduate Development Programme is the place for you.
ESB’s HR professionals are primarily based in of ESB’s Head Office in Dublin, but depending on your assignment you may also be based at one of our other Dublin offices for a period of time.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in HR, Business, Psychology or an equivalent course where HR is a component.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with the ability to learn quickly.
Your CV should be no longer than 2 pages and clearly outline the following:
- Title of your Degree, and Masters (if applicable)
- Your results to date
- Your final year subjects
- The title of your Final Year project
- Any relevant work experience
- A contact telephone number (please ensure a voicemail function is activated on your phone)
Preferred Degree Subjects
Business Management and Administrative Studies