At EY, we're building a better working world. Starting with yours.
We know that big ideas can come from anywhere and some of our highest flyers come from under the radar. Apply now for the EY Graduate Programme 2023, that’s designed for those who want to think outside the box.
By joining one of our award-winning Graduate Programmes, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a team in EY. You’ll receive world-class hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you.
We’re #1 in the areas that matter for your career and we’re looking for graduates with no borders on their ambitions.
Here’s to building a better working world.
What is Technology Consulting at EY?
Through our NextWave strategy, our role is to understand what technological challenges our clients are facing and how they can leverage their existing capabilities to help them become market leaders in their industry. Our teams work to find and deliver the best solutions to our clients, helping them improve their Ways of Working and ensuring we become their chosen partner to start and support them on their digital transformation journeys.
We welcome students from all disciplines and backgrounds to apply. Our teams specialise in a range of skills from computer science and programming expertise to those from wider STEM backgrounds and a desire to learn. If you have an interest or passion for technology and working with great people - this is the role for you!
What type of work could you be doing?
Once you apply for the graduate programme in Technology Consulting, your application will be sent to our teams for review. If your application and if successful, you will be invited to interview with the EY Technology Consulting team for one of the below areas. Please remember if you have a preference for a certain area within Technology Consulting, make sure to note this on your application form and in your interview!
- Technology Delivery - You will deliver technology focused solutions based on industry best practices, processes, resources, tools and accelerators. Our teams deliver small, medium and large-scale multi-year programme transformations through Waterfall, Agile or adaptive hybrid approaches based on customer requirements.
- Systems Engineering and Analytics - Build, manage, maintain mission-critical applications. We work with clients to develop business systems which underpin strategic transformation, increase productivity and deliver high-quality outputs through our development teams, methodologies and DevSecOps.
- Business and Technical Analysis - In Business and Technical Analysis we develop business requirements and operating model designs to help turn strategy into business value, leveraging our proven approach and accelerators to apply best practice learnings to develop solutions for our clients.
- Digital Assurance and Testing - Work with our clients to embed quality across their delivery lifecycle. We provide a wide range of services, including Test Maturity Assessment, Test Strategy creation, Test Automation strategy and implementation and manual and technical testing services.
- SAP Services Group - Provide our clients with expertise across a range of SAP disciplines including application, infrastructure, data and security. Our team advise and implement ERP strategy and roadmaps for S/4HANA and SAP cloud transition.
- Cybersecurity - Use industry standard frameworks to incorporate a Security by Design approach which infuses cybersecurity and business resilience into every part of any organisation. Work with clients to understand their technology risks, develop risk management frameworks and mitigation strategies.
- IT Strategy and Architecture - We help clients improve the performance of their IT operations by aligning the architecture domains of Data, Security, Applications and Infrastructure to the business and ICT Strategies. In addition we support the design of technical solutions that are resilient and embrace next generation operating models.
- Microsoft and Cloud Services - Leverage EYs global partnership with Microsoft to design and implement Microsoft based solutions. Our strong local capability support client’s digital transformation journey with Microsoft, AWS and other cloud-based products.
- Digital and Emerging Technology - We build data platforms which collate data from disparate sources, enabling data scientists to derive the greatest insight. We help our clients understand the latest blockchain & automation trends and the impact on their industry delivering operating models, infrastructure and Centres of Excellence to deliver and support automation.
- Digital Manufacturing Technology - We work with our clients to develop people-centric solutions to drive manufacturing excellence through the use of dynamic predictive data analytics, virtual reality and artificial intelligence. We work with all stakeholders from C-suite to the shop floor to create action plans linked to measurable outcomes.
- Technology Transformation - As part of the Technology Transformation Team, you will help solve challenges across a range of clients in a range of different industries to define their IT Strategy and technical Architecture across different infrastructures.
- Data Engineering & Analytics - You will help our clients gain competitive advantage through the effective use of their data assets and will be working on their Data Strategies, as well as working on Data Science, Data Engineering, and Data Governance roles.
- Technology Risk - Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. As well as opening a world of opportunities, technology exposes organisations to a variety of risks. We help our clients to identify and manage these risks to protect their stakeholders. Alongside our Assurance colleagues, we help clients protect their reputation by mitigating these Business and IT risks.
Training & Development
In addition to our comprehensive graduate on-boarding and induction process, there is on-going graduate training over the first 2 years. Every new hire is assigned a buddy who is there to support and guide you through your first months. Further, every member of the team is supported by a more senior team member who supports the individual in terms of performance management and career development as well as building competence, motivation and confidence.
We have a comprehensive Learning and Development program in place for all staff members and access to a vast library of on-line courses. We also have specific Learning Pathways for each level in the organisation including classroom-based learning as well as our bespoke EY Badges learning initiative which encourages you to attain a level of proficiency in skills of interest to you and valuable to our clients.
Whilst Graduates on the Consulting Graduate Programme are not obliged to pursue professional qualifications, if you wish you may pursue the CIMA management accounting qualification. While you will direct your own learning, we also offer an internal exam support curriculum to assist you in preparing for and passing your exams the first time.
This support is offered as an additional resource, on top of that already offered by the education provider, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). It will help you to recognise the links between exam and workplace learning and advise you on when and how you should focus your study time coming up to exams. You will have internal and external lecturers on hand to offer advice as we deliver a ‘best in class’ professional education experience.
Skills and attributes for success
- All areas require A minimum 2.1 or higher in your chosen Bachelor’s degree.
- If you have completed an Erasmus course of study and/or a relevant Internship, then this should be highlighted on your CV.
- If you have had a Part time job, internship, part time business, time dedication to a skill or sport, or volunteering - this should be highlighted on your CV.
- Curious to explore new things, willing to ask questions, embrace challenges and be passionate about reimagining the future.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and teaming; have the energy, enthusiasm, and the courage to lead as well as collaborate with your team.
- Have an ability to connect the dots, seeing the bigger picture while also being detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions.
- Proficiency to manage several projects simultaneously; you are confident handling change and prioritising tasks.
- Being a team player but can think independently.
- Problem solving.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) – desired but not essential.
- A propensity for project/organisation skills.
- A genuine interest in joining EY and our team.