Ireland + 1
First Derivative is a global provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry. It supports institutions in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. We have the world's largest, fully Capital Markets dedicated team.
As a graduate, you will join the Capital Markets Training Programme (CMTP), giving you the unique opportunity to expand your skillset and potential. The Capital Markets Training Programme is a 2 year scheme which enables fast track career progression into the Capital Markets industry.
Over the course of the two-year graduate Programme, the combination of training courses and varying client projects is specifically designed to give you both the experience and core skills you need to progress.
We invite you to explore a career at First Derivative, where we take seriously our commitment to stimulate, challenge, develop, reward and care for our employees.
The Financial Engineer role is a fast-track path into consulting for the worlds leading financial institutions. To be successful in helping a complex business operate and transform, it is imperative to understand the business domain; this is why we succeed and generic consultants flounder.
First Derivative has a strong reputation for providing highly skilled consultants within the Financial Services sector. We will introduce you to the world of finance and train you to understand key products, functions and processes that underpin global trade, project finance and money management. You will train with us and work on live projects with our clients who are based in nearly all the commercial trading centres worldwide.
If you have an enquiring mind, strong interpersonal skills and enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems, then apply now .
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving, a passion for learning
- A confident communicator, competent in client interactions
- The ability to pick up technical training and apply this to client projects
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Strong academic background - ideally a 2.1 degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, Law or other similar disciplines.
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Candidate personal data will be processed in line with our Global Candidate Privacy Notice