Ireland + 1
First Derivative is a global provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry. It supports institutions in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. We have the world's largest, fully Capital Markets dedicated team.
As a graduate, you will join the Capital Markets Training Programme (CMTP), giving you the unique opportunity to expand your skillset and potential. The Capital Markets Training Programme is a 2 year scheme which enables fast track career progression into the Capital Markets industry.
Over the course of the two-year graduate Programme, the combination of training courses and varying client projects is specifically designed to give you both the experience and core skills you need to progress.
We invite you to explore a career at First Derivative, where we take seriously our commitment to stimulate, challenge, develop, reward and care for our employees.
The world’s financial systems sit on top of a complex web of regulations and controls that are constantly under the threat of financial crime and are continuously changing. The Legal & Compliance Analyst stream is a specialist branch of our Financial Engineer Graduate Program and is the gateway to a fascinating area of global finance.
It covers everything from client analysis, anti-money laundering and helping our clients stay compliant with the ever-changing global regulatory landscape through to working on financial crime detection and prevention.
We will train you in the intricacies of global finance and their regulations while working on real problems with our clients. Our clients are global financial institutions so there is plenty of opportunity to travel.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving, a passion for learning
- A confident communicator, competent in client interactions
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- The ability to pick up technical training and apply this to client projects
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in mixed legal degrees (e.g. Law and Finance/Law and Economics/Law and Accounting) or legal graduates with experience in banking/finance are preferred
Candidate personal data will be processed in line with our Global Candidate Privacy Notice