This extension of our Financial Engineering stream is designed to provide a solid base for all legal stream consultants in the substantive legal areas affecting capital markets. It smoothly complements the other CMTP components that all FD consultants receive during the initiation phase of their engagement. For legal consultants, it provides the necessary skills and knowledge base to assist clients from the first day they arrive on site. The ability to pick up financial and technical training is essential.
The Legal & Compliance route, coupled with the deep financial knowledge taught in the other CMTP components, produces legal consultants who have deep understanding of both a client’s financial products and the substantive legal areas in which that client does business.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving, a passion for learning
- A confident communicator, competent in client interactions
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- The ability to pick up technical training and apply this to client projects
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in mixed legal degrees (e.g. Law and Finance/Law and Economics/Law and Accounting) or legal graduates with experience in banking/finance are preferred
Preferred Degree Subjects
Economics and related
Accounting and Finance