€28,000 - €30,000
- Location: Grannagh, Co. Waterford & Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo
- Reporting to: Technical Manager
- Contract type: Full-Time/Permanent
About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dawn Meats we like to give you real responsibility from the start. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors;
- First class coaching;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
With no pre-conceived ideas and no limit on your career path, your skills and experiences can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dawn Meats.
We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised Management Development Institutes in Ireland and the UK to develop our Graduates as managers of the future.
This is a fantastic graduate level opportunity for a technically focused individual to represent the company on all technical issues, liaising between R&D, sales and the production area. Ensuring that all products are produced in a safe and legal manner and in compliance with Dawn Meats best practice.
Ensuring that all products are in alignment with both the company's policies and the retailer's policies and strategies. Your role will be key as part of the Technical team in the delivery and efficient implementation of Technical practices and procedures.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our primary production plants and will be responsible for:
- Having an awareness of food science and nutrition with a focus on best practice and from a legislative perspective - Food safety, hygiene and nutritional requirements
- Assisting with quality operations, procedures and document control
- Maintaining and updating the department files including SOPs, risk assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents
- Carrying out audits as per schedule
- Evaluating the written SOP's being carried out
- Maintaining and managing non-conformance logs
- Logging complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel
- Assisting with close out investigations into complaints including root cause analysis
- Microbiological and chemical sampling of finished product and raw materials as per sampling schedule
- Carrying out internal audits and assisting with external and customer audits
The ideal candidate:
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy Technical environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A degree in a related discipline (Food Technology, Nutrition, Science)
- Proficient in Microsoft word/excel/outlook etc. Decisiveness and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills - oral & written
- HACCP trained is an advantage
€28,000 - €30,000
Grannagh, Co. Waterford & Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo