About the team:
In General Motors, the Global Telecommunication, End User Services and Infrastructure team provides world class architecture, engineering, deployment, and support for all Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, Network Security, Applied Networking, Unified Communication, Voice and Video Systems, Client Solutions, Endpoint Security, and Virtual solutions globally. General Motors has made a strategic direction to insource the IT services. As a result, we are expanding the Global Telecommunication End User Services and Infrastructure team to achieve General Motors vision to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles.
Technical Domain Specifics:
About the role:
The Network Identity Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering and technical leadership for the deployment of identity-based networking, with wired, wireless, remote access and guest-based networking solutions in GM supporting all business units. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the integration of global networking solutions supporting GM employees, suppliers, dealers, and business partners. You will also be involved in major Cyber Security initiatives and implementation activities at a global level to protect GM’s intellectual property. You will collaborate with senior network engineers and architects on complex engineering problems to provide network security technology solutions to GM business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the identity-based controls and network telemetry roadmap of GM’s Global Telecom IT network infrastructure.
- Provide governance, process and technical expertise with the deployment and maintenance of GM’s network infrastructure and solutions. Including providing Trainings to GTEUSI & ME resources
- Provide network security expertise and guidance around security issues and recommend solutions to mitigate and eliminate risk to GM information assets.
- Collaborate with other Global Telecom Network Architects and Security Engineers to analyse network security needs and requirements and develop and implement security standards and technical secure solutions.
- Collaborate with Client Compute Architects and Engineers to meet or exceed dot1x authentications standards, including new intellectual property proprietary approaches.
- Responsible for contributing to the design of cutting-edge, high performance and secure network solutions and to help drive those solutions to completion.
- Collaborate and provide input with GM’s Cybersecurity teams in the areas of Risk Management, Compliance, and Incident response to establish and enforce security policies for all network connectivity including employee remote access and business partner and supplier connections into GM.
- Assist with remediation efforts and recommendations as it relates to external and internal security audits
- Help develop and contribute with mentoring of network security SMEs and provide technical leadership for the global network security and remote access engineering team.
- Responsible for detailed documentation of network security solutions and technical security standards. Possible Qualifications:
- Knowledge of network security technology solutions including client VPN, SSL VPNs and IPSEC with two factor authentications. Expert knowledge with network identity, and it's implementation to Remote Access and Wireless enterprise deployments
- Experience in networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, IPv4/v6, UNIX Admin and experience with switches, routers. Working knowledge with deploying and maintaining Cisco ASAs, Cisco Identity Services Engine and Wireless Networking
- Ability to analyse and communicate strengths and weaknesses of network technology solutions, relative to network security, performance and cost.
- Ability to work with other engineers to design cost-effective and reliable end-to-end solutions.
- Experience with network architecture methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including executive-level presentations.
- CISSP, CEH, SANS Security and other industry and vendor specific security certifications.
Required qualifications and skills:
- A Degree in Computer Science.
- A keen interest and strong understanding of system architecture components, such as networking and software, is needed.
- A willingness to develop platform expertise in the cloud services market.
- Curious with an insatiable appetite for learning-through-doing.
- A desire to constantly challenge themselves and their peers.
- Enjoy working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Have a strong ability and willingness to learn.
- Desire to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.