County Dublin +2
Pure Ambition Graduate Programme
Are you looking for a graduate programme to match your ambition?
At Glanbia we are dedicated to delivering better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. We differentiate ourselves by doing not only what is right for our business, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work. So if you’re looking to develop your career, stretch your ambitions and work for a company that has the ability to succeed on the world stage, ours is a journey you’ll want to share.
Being selected for our Pure Ambition Graduate Programme is a significant first step in an exciting and invigorating career. At Glanbia, we nurture your talent and individuality. We support you in fulfilling your potential and help who you are today become who you want to be tomorrow. We want to grow and we want you to grow with us. In recognition of our world-class learning and development environment and excellent career opportunities, we were incredibly proud to win the award for Best Graduate Training & Development at the Gradireland Awards in 2021!
What you will be doing
Through the Pure Ambition Graduate Programme, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact every day. We offer an engaging and immersive experience-driven development journey where you’ll learn and develop not just the skills required for today, but the skills required for tomorrow.
Glanbia’s Insurable Risk function supports Glanbia globally through the implementation of a number of established risk management programmes and the stewardship of a global insurance programme. We are also actively engaged in the design reviews of major capital infrastructure projects and performing due diligence risk reviews on potential acquisition.
Working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the annual insurance renewal programme through an inclusive approach with Business Units (BUs) to understand their risk issues and determine their annual insurance requirements
- Act as the point of contact with Glanbia Finance teams on annual charge outs of insurance premiums to BUs
- Liaise with external broker claims handler partners and Finance teams on Liability and Motor Claims handling to ensure all claims are properly recorded and appropriately provided for
- Provide monthly reports to the BUs on claims payments and reserve movements
- Liaise with external claims handler partners on Liability and Motor Claims handling to ensure all payments required to be made centrally are processed and reconciled to recharge to BUs
- Liaise with external partners and Finance teams on general, major and complex claims handling to ensure all claims are effectively managed
- Liaise with Group Finance to ensure the appropriate reconciliation of centrally held accruals and prepayments is maintained
- Ensure timely, comprehensive and accurate reporting of insurance related events and exposures to our insurance brokers
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and review of insurance activities to Group and BUs as well as providing guidance and advice on insurance related matters
- In conjunction with our broker partners, assist in the management and implementation of the legal and insurance regulatory compliance strategy by ensuring that BUs are fully informed of compliance obligations during contract reviews
- Manage and co-ordinate quarterly BU reviews and periodic claim reviews with team members, underwriters, brokers and other stakeholders
- Liaise with external risk management partners and Business Unit representatives on planning, delivery and reporting on the Glanbia Risk Management Systems annual audit programme
- Liaise with external risk management partners and Business Unit representatives on planning, delivery and reporting on the Glanbia Business Continuity Management annual programme of projects
Who we’re looking for
We know it’s our people and their passion for delivering superior quality and value to our customers that sets us apart. We’re looking for graduates with the following qualifications and attributes:
- High academic record to date in the following fields of study: Risk & Insurance or similar related discipline; and expected minimum of a 2.1 honours primary degree
- Internship experience in risk and/or insurance is advantageous
- Ambition to progress successfully in a career in insurable risk in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment
- Thinks commercially and delivers customer centric solutions
- Drives collaboration and builds partnerships to meet shared objectives
- Communicates clearly and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with a desire to continually learn and grow
- Thinks logically, analytically and strategically with excellent numerical skills and willingness to develop modelling skills
At Glanbia, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Glanbia our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more.
County Dublin, County Kilkenny, Mainland Europe
Preferred Degree Subjects
Business Management and Administrative Studies