DPS provides full EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation) services for its clients. Joining DPS as a Graduate Electrical Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to gain Chartered Engineer status and wishes to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy.
Working under the direct supervision of a Chartered Engineer, Graduate will support the delivery of a range of projects across industrial and pharmaceutical sectors. The design work will include electrical power, instrumentation and building services across a range of pharmaceutical and industrial projects.
Working in Electrical & Instrumentation
The DPS E&I department works as part of a multi-disciplinary practice which handles our client needs in the following areas: architectural, process, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, commissioning, validation and construction management services.
Day to day...
Working as a Graduate Electrical Engineer your day to day role could involve the activities/ projects in the following areas:
- Design & develop single line, schematic diagrams and protection scheme for site electrical power distribution equipment and systems.
- Prepare specifications & scope of work for electrical equipment such as power generators, MCC, transformers, instrumentation, data systems and building services, etc.
- Prepare electrical power and control cables interconnection block diagrams.
- Carry out design calculations for cable-sizing, short circuit calculations, lighting calculations, power balance studying, etc.
- Review of electrical layout drawings and MTO.
- Prepares sketches and performs engineering calculations.
- Preparation of instrument schematics, loop drawings, and layout drawings.
- Selection, specification and design of process instrumentation and safety instrumented systems.
Who are we looking for...
- Degree Qualified Electrical Engineering .
- Computer literate.
- Team player, adaptable & practical.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on own initiative.
- Flexibility required in terms of travelling to client facilities in Ireland and abroad. Projects can entail extended periods working on client sites as well as in our design office.
Why Join DPS
Join a Team
On joining DPS you will be part of a team from your first day, working closely with our existing graduate and senior engineers from your Department, you will start on a journey which will see you contribute on multiple international projects as part of a global team.
Accelerate Your Career
Have the opportunity to work in a core design team, working on multiple projects for major clients - plus have an opportunity to spend at least 6 months on client sites - executing projects in realtime, as part of your graduate development. Investment in your continuous professional development is a commitment from DPS. You will participate in our structured and accredited graduate development programme, which is delivered in your first two years, where the focus is to equip you with the tools to realise your ambition and make greater impact in your role. .
Make a Difference
As you will participate on projects for the world's leading Pharma, Biotech and Advanced Technology companies, you can take pride in the fact that the facilities we create enable our clients to manufacture products that change lives.
Location of Roles
Graduate Engineers will join the relevant team in one of our design centres - in Citywest Dublin.