Clandillon Civil Consulting
Apply by: 02.10.2023
Clandillon Civil Consulting (CCC) is an Irish civil engineering consultancy that, through its work with many of Ireland’s biggest civil engineering contractors, has been involved in some of Ireland’s largest recent infrastructure projects including N17N18 Gort to Tuam Motorway, Luas Cross City, N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin and N8 Dunkettle Interchange. CCC is dedicated to providing exceptional services in the execution of infrastructure projects and specialises in applying sound judgement in order to identify opportunities and provide solutions for our Clients.
Due to continuing success and growth of our business, CCC is now looking to recruit a Graduate Engineer, who, can be based from either their Naas or Cork office. There may be remote working/hybrid working opportunities depending on the needs of the organisation. Working on various transport, travel and water-based projects, the successful candidate will be provided with training to develop skills in the areas of 3D alignment design, drainage and water design amongst other skills. Opportunities will also be provided to gain site experience if desirable.
- Undertake in-house and external training in the following
- the use of 3D design software and the development of geometry designs for roads and active travel schemes.
- the use of drainage and flood study software and the development of drainage designs, culvert designs and flood risk assessments.
- ancillary design elements associated with roads and active travel schemes.
- Following training, employ new skills on projects under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Carry out site walkovers with senior engineers to examine engineering environmental constraints associated with new projects at feasibility and constraints stage.
- Develop on existing report writing skills and communication skills. Proactively communicate opinions and insights into work undertaken, provide input into design reports and take active part in internal and external progress meetings.
- Opportunity to gain site experience acting as Assistant Resident Engineer.
- Assist in developing sustainable and innovative design solutions
- Maintain good records whether that be electronically or in paper.
- Any other duties, as deemed necessary, that fall within the remit and level of the position.
What you need – the skills and competencies
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Passionate about engineering and the projects you take on
- Willing to develop by attending training and continuing professional development (CPD)
- Current right to work in the Republic of Ireland
What you get
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, providing plenty of opportunities to learn and develop both personally and professionally through access to in-house and external training, knowledge-sharing and mentorship. Our Graduate Engineers get excellent opportunities through exposure to a wide range of disciplines, tasks and responsibility. Additionally you will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Leave commencing at 22 days per annum pro rata and increasing over time to a maximum of 25 days.
- Company Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- Potential for flexible/hybrid working arrangements depending on staff/company needs
- Payment of professional membership fees and training requirements
- Other benefits as per Employee Handbook
CCC is an equal opportunities employer and encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility.