For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites. It is aimed at high potential individuals who, when given the right tools, are empowered to proactively take responsibility, effect change and make a positive contribution to their teams and the business.
The Successful Candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise.
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland.
- Regular one to ones and feedback to support your on-going development.
- Personal development and effectiveness training.
- Skills development in influencing & communication.
- Project and Project Management experience.
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies.
- Exposure to Senior Management Team.
- Continuous professional development program with a recognised qualification.
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
The mission of the D&AS Graduate Engineer is to support the digital and automation transformation of manufacturing, products and services which enhance the quality, service growth and value proposition for Global Orthopedics.
The main responsibility will be to work as part of the D&AS Team under the guidance of a Senior Engineer while participating in the DePuy Synthes the Graduate program.
The role is based within the site D&AS Team which serves the Knees, Hips and shoulder markets while supporting business growth, quality and projects.
What you’re great at:
- Interest in technology.
- Interested in learning and how to learn.
- Willing to take direction from other engineering staff.
- Willing to question and learn from other engineering staff.
- Interest in problem solving.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work as part of a team towards a common goal.
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2023 or due to graduate in 2024)
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Software engineering or similar engineering or technology bachelors degree. MRP/ERP systems concept knowledge
- The ability to work well individually and remotely.
- The ability to adapt to change and develop skills to meet these changes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Interest in developing skills, abilities, and career.
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 29th October but could close earlier if we receive too many applications.