A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Chemical Engineering Graduate Programme . This position will contribute to developing and implementing strategic planning in Ireland by providing medical insight and expert knowledge about the product or disease area. In addition, the role shall identify, develop and maintain credible relationships with healthcare professionals, providers and academic centres.
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation to carry out the following:
- Support of new product introductions and technical transfers to and from the site, including new technologies.
- Process and equipment optimisation in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput. Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Problem solving to drive results in a cross functional team environment.
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement. Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring that all safety, quality and environmental compliance goals are achieved, including thoroughly investigating deviations and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented in full.
- Responsible for process and safety preparations (including risk assessment and HazOp)
- Provide technical support for commercial and commercialisation products, including process and equipment validation.
- Responsible for completion of process monitoring during production.
What skills you will need:
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- An honours degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- High personal integrity, credibility and energy. Demonstrated ability to work as part of diverse teams in an inclusive manner.
- Previous experience in API or Drug Product, as well as an aptitude for problem solving in a technical environment are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-driven with respect to driving results and implementing identified improvement initiatives.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
We are one company, but we operate under two different corporate brand names. We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as MSD everywhere else