Graduate Production Manager
ABP Food Group
Apply by: 30.06.2022
County Monaghan + 1
Graduate Production Manager’s required for ABP Food Group
ABP Food Group is one of Europe’s leading privately owned agribusiness organisation. We are the UK and Irelands largest beef processors. We are currently recruiting for the following role of a Graduate Production Manager within ABP Food Group.
The successful candidate will be based in across any of our 9 sites across Ireland, some of which include:
- Clones, Co Monaghan
- Cahir, Co Tipperary
- Nenagh, Co Limerick
- Rathkeale, Co Limerick
- Bandon, Co Cork
- Ferrybank, Co Waterford
You'll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You'll make sure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
We’ll give you training, support and guidance to develop your potential. We’ll team you up with some of our most accomplished problem-solvers – dynamic innovators, helping us to deliver better solutions for our company and customers.
About the Role:
We will place you in the two main production areas for a period of 18 months being the abattoir and boning hall. You will commence your training in the packing area of the boning hall understanding the different customer requirements relating to packing, this will be performed to a hands on approach where you will partake in some if not all of the tasks for a period of 2 months.
You will then progress to the trimming tasks within our boning hall, understanding customer’s specifications by doing the on-line tasks. This will be performed over a period of three months. Throughout the first 5 months you will be supported by a supervisor and mentor and learn some key skills such as leadership and first time manager training. These will be delivered through class room based modules.
For the next 4 months you will be expected to monitor, observe and perform tasks within the boning machines. This will allow you to understand the value stream of our product from start to finish of the boning hall production area.
You will then be asked to spend a further 6 months within our abattoir and lairage area. This will allow you some insight into animal husbandry and primal processing. During this time you will be encouraged to undertake a sales training course and time management course. These once again will be delivered through class room based modules.
The next stage of our programme will involve you spending time within one of our 6 sales offices learning all aspects of the roles with that office which include dispatch, assistant boning hall manager, boning hall manager, livestock buyer. This time will be spent shadowing and once again learning by doing. During this period of your training period of your programme you will be expected to undertake and complete and presentation skills course and a value streamed mapping course.
The aforementioned elements will take 24 months to complete and we may choose to add or subtract as we deem necessary.
Competencies we look for in Graduates:
- You should enjoy being challenged.
- You’ll need to be good at absorbing information,
- Analyzing problems and coming up with ideas.
- You should have the drive, confidence and resilience to get things done.
- We’ll give you training, support and guidance to develop your potential.
- A full drivers license would be desirable
As a successful candidate, you will be afforded:
- An incredible foundation to your career in one of Europe’s leading agribusiness organisations.
- Immediate access to senior management allowing for the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and real knowledge of the business
- The opportunity to further your personal development and education through multiple training days and reputable courses.
- As part of the production team, you will work in a fast-paced and challenging environment while constantly learning and gaining experience.
- Successful candidates will be highly-motivated, confident, and willing to learn, with an excellent work ethic and strong people and communication skills.
County Monaghan, County Tipperary
Preferred Degree Subjects
Agriculture, Animal and Plant Resources