Graduate Programme Opportunities - Environmental Stream
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recent environmental graduate to join our 2 year Graduate program at daa. Through planned rotations you will gain experience between our daa Group Sustainability and our Energy, Asset Management - Environment and Utilities Management.
Sustainability sets strategy for the group related to carbon, climate and the environmental, and oversees corporate governance and compliance in relation to sustainability and environmental management at Dublin and Cork airports. Energy and Asset Management sits within the Dublin Airport business unit and is responsible for day to day management of environmental issues such as:
- Air Quality
- Water Quality (including potable and surface water)
- Energy management and efficiency
- Carbon reduction
The operating environment at daa is very unique in some areas, covering 2 very different airports and the role offers many exciting challenges in supporting and developing the existing environmental and sustainability programmes.
Some of the typical duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist in benchmarking best practice in sustainability and environmental management at other airports and peer organisations
- Work with the organisation to support the integration of the new sustainability strategy into existing operating activities and business units.
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring and reporting of performance in relation to environmental and sustainability issues such as noise, water quality, air quality, carbon and energy.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of safety and environmental management systems at daa airports.
- Promoting and raising environmental awareness throughout the airports and with airport users
- Supporting the review and improvement of environmental procedures and work management processes.
- Support the tracking and review of energy performance and carbon management
Do you have what it takes?
- Recently graduated (or expect to graduate) with a minimum 2.1 bachelor’s or master’s degree in Sustainability, Energy or relevant area.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Ambitious, passionate and dynamic individual with a high level of integrity, drive and commitment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Opportunity to become part of a high-performance team focused on delivery and continuous improvement in environmental and sustainability management
- An exciting opportunity to gain valuable environmental and sustainability management experience in an organisation operating a wide range of activities across two major economic sites in Ireland.
- Access to a dynamic and diverse Group providing a broad range of professional and personal experiences
- Competitive starting salary with a Performance Related Bonus
- Personal Development, Mentoring and Coaching
- Excellent award -winning Pension Scheme - Life Assurance and Income Protection Plan
- Discounted Shopping across our retail outlets
- On-Site Sports Facilities & Health and Wellness initiatives
Our Graduate Programme closes for applications on October 31st. We will be in touch shortly after.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Environmental Engineering and related